No announcement yet.

TRAPPING 2014/2015 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know that either, good to know.

Did you catch that in the live trap or a foot trap?

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
      I didn't know that either, good to know.

Did you catch that in the live trap or a foot trap?

It was caught in a bigger live trap then for transport I used my catch pole and transferred it to a smaller trap..

This is the 3rd Bobcat pulled from the same live trap in town, the first was a big male, then a smaller female, then this little feller..

Sorry for the crappy picture, it was a blurry screen capture from a cell phone video shot in the dark..

Comment

Contacted fish and game regarding the stolen trap. I found where the critter got caught up and it was like 5 feet away. Pulled all my traps from that area and will be resetting the next 2 days. Hoping for some better luck. Will keep ya posted with pictures when I can.

Comment

Here is a set I had made that had a animal move the guide sticks and take the bait. I needed my hole to be smaller so he would have to work harder.

Comment

Yeap, smaller hole and something for a backer, and don't be afraid to use upright guides...cats and fox you can crowd pretty aggressively.

If its a coyote set if you crowd them with to many guides they will pace and come in from the back side and attempt to get the bait..

Keep up the good work brother and look forward to seeing some of than northern fur!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
              Yeap, smaller hole and something for a backer, and don't be afraid to use upright guides...cats and fox you can crowd pretty aggressively.

If its a coyote set if you crowd them with to many guides they will pace and come in from the back side and attempt to get the bait..

Keep up the good work brother and look forward to seeing some of than northern fur!!

Cat season isn't open tell December here. Mostly chasing coyotes with maybe a occasional fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
                Here is a set I had made that had a animal move the guide sticks and take the bait. I needed my hole to be smaller so he would have to work harder.
                Wow looks like an awesome set....maybe a smaller or deeper hole. Did you test the trap after the bait was gone? maybe somehow something got under the pan.

Comment

Nothing got under the pan I use poly fill to keep that from happening. I'll take more photos of other sets I get put out.

Comment

Curious....why would you release a bobcat if we are thinking of getting rid of them to help deer herds?

Comment

Last edited by yanta61; 10-30-2014, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
                        Nothing got under the pan I use poly fill to keep that from happening. I'll take more photos of other sets I get put out.
                        How far away from your hole is your pan? I'm still playing with dirt holes I use mostly flat sets

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                          How far away from your hole is your pan? I'm still playing with dirt holes I use mostly flat sets

About 9 inches

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            Curious....why would you release a bobcat if we are thinking of getting rid of them to help deer herds?
                            I have a property were I release nuisance animals with landowner permission.

All three of those cats were caught at the same location within two weeks apart in a town...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                              I have a property were I release nuisance animals with landowner permission.

All three of those cats were caught at the same location within two weeks apart in a town...
                              Dang....Good catches.

Just curious why a landowner would want his place loaded with these nuisance animals?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                Dang....Good catches.

Just curious why a landowner would want his place loaded with nuisance animals?

I release during the summer...when they get bigger and fur primes out they end up getting "caught " again... ..well most of the time..

Comment

Working...
                                X