No announcement yet.

TRAPPING 2014/2015 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya I bet it was taken. That's really gets me cus not only the money you lost but your hard work to get that trap there. That's what irratating me

Comment

Just talked to Nathan at Buck Stop and ordered a dozen of the FB1's. Hopefully they still have a dozen and can get them to me by the end of the week. Nathan said he was going to call and confirm they still had stock and could get them out to me and would let me know otherwise if something came up. I'm sure hoping this is going to be as much fun as I think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Nailhead View Post
        Just talked to Nathan at Buck Stop and ordered a dozen of the FB1's. Hopefully they still have a dozen and can get them to me by the end of the week. Nathan said he was going to call and confirm they still had stock and could get them out to me and would let me know otherwise if something came up. I'm sure hoping this is going to be as much fun as I think it is.

Congrats brother. ..

Ill get your package in the mail to you in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
          Congrats brother. ..

Ill get your package in the mail to you in the morning.
          Awesome! Thanks.

Comment

Lol...I just got challenged/bet that I could not catch a 100 coons the first week of season!!

I laughed and told them I planned on catching a few to see how they are coming along but didn't plan on hitting them hard till mid November.

Although its tempting ...

Just chatted with Greg Novak.. he will be a great resource for you fellas down in his area .
            Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 10-27-2014, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Lol...I just got challenged/bet that I could not catch a 100 coons the first week of season!!

I laughed and told them I planned on catching a few to see how they are coming along but didn't plan on hitting them hard till mid November.

Although its tempting ...

Just chatted with Greg Novak.. he will be a great resource for you fellas down in his area .
              Why 100... his "end of the line" pic shows approximately 50... including some runts. If it took him all season to catch 50 why the challenge for you to 2x it in a week? Although I am confident that 100 could be done in my parts in a week or so if the trapper has his stuff together on day one.

Comment

No...lol it wasn't him...

It was a friend of mine that traps in oklahoma. There whole season limit is 40 up there with a daily limit of 10 coons .

Comment

I'd hate to think I had to flesh and stretch 100 coons in a week. That's a lot of work!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                    Ya I bet it was taken. That's really gets me cus not only the money you lost but your hard work to get that trap there. That's what irratating me

I am calling fish and game tomorrow just to report it. Maybe they will keep a eye out. Pulling traps Wednesday and will be setting them in my normal spots. Beaver season opens Saturday so will need to get some sets in for those so I have more bait.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
                      I am calling fish and game tomorrow just to report it. Maybe they will keep a eye out. Pulling traps Wednesday and will be setting them in my normal spots. Beaver season opens Saturday so will need to get some sets in for those so I have more bait.
                      You never can tell, maybe some body turned it in to fish and game...stranger things have happened brother..

Best of luck brother!

Comment

Just did this little guys paperwork and released him..

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Just did this little guys paperwork and released him..

What do you mean paperwork?

Comment

To release nuisance wildlife you must first be cleared by TPWD and file a monthly report, its required and must be submitted to the department on number and kind of fur-bearers captured, location of release site, name and address of person authorized to release.

Comment

To release nuisance wildlife you must first be cleared by TPWD and file a monthly report, its required and must be submitted to the department on number and kind of fur-bearers captured, location of release site, name and address of person authorized to release.
                                I didn't know this. But while I was trapping for the state I didn't release much. But good to know

Comment

Working...
                                X