TRAPPING 2014/2015 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stxranchhand View Post
    What kind did you pick up Jacobtyler? I'm partial to the z's but have caught coon in the grizz and duke brands as well. I like the z's whether they're the old straight trigger or the newer cross trigger they have out. I have heard good things about daggers, lol, until recently there was some disturbance at a Kansas trapping convention.

My local feed store only carries the bridger traps so that what ive got. Ive only got a small amount now but if i start catching tons of coons im sure it wont take me long to buy a larger amount

Comment

How do the beaver look Dale?

We went out and looked at some of our scouted out places that held good sized beaver and they had all went dry in the last few months.

So I had to put things off till tomorrow, I'll be hitting the river in the morning and dropping out my test sets to see how they are progressing, hoping the guard hair and under fur/leather look good enough to slide into the first auction coming up, but I'm really after the meat to make my bait out out of.

Originally posted by JacobTyler View Post
      Just picked up a few more DP's cant wait for season to start!
      Congrats on the new traps, I'm really partial to the Freedom Brand FB1's but most any DP will get the job done.

Matter of fact I will be shooting a short video tomorrow about Dp's and the anchoring system that I use..

Congrats on the yotes Shurshot!
      Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 10-06-2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
        We went out and looked at some of our scouted out places that held good sized beaver and they had all went dry in the last few months.

So I had to put things off till tomorrow, I'll be hitting the river in the morning and dropping out my test sets to see how they are progressing, hoping the guard hair and under fur/leather look good enough to slide into the first auction coming up, but I'm really after the meat to make my bait out out of.

Congrats on the new traps, I'm really partial to the Freedom Brand FB1's but most any DP will get the job done.

Matter of fact I will be shooting a short video tomorrow about Dp's and the anchoring system that I use..

Congrats on the yotes Shurshot!

Post up a link when you get the video made! Id be interested in seeing it

Comment

Got a bunch more drags added to my yote/cat traps. Hopefully it will start cooling off so I can start setting a few to see how the fur looks. I am getting excited to start hitting it. Picked up a few different baits and lures to try this year so we shall see how it goes. I know the wife isn't too happy about the smells.

Comment

just got my traps in, gonna start next week, hopefully cooler weather is on the way help out the furs a lil bit.

Comment

All I can do is think about trapping until the weather turns cold to make sure all the hides are prime. Just prepping traps and getting my lures ready until it's go time.

Comment

If you're wanting the good fur. Wait til after thanksgiving. If you're just wanting to get rid of some varmints then hammer away! Technically footholds can't be used til nov 1 unless the animals are causing damage. Just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by JacobTyler View Post
                  My local feed store only carries the bridger traps so that what ive got. Ive only got a small amount now but if i start catching tons of coons im sure it wont take me long to buy a larger amount
                  Cool I haven't had those in my hands yet. I hear guys like the circle trigger on em

Comment

Cool I haven't had those in my hands yet. I hear guys like the circle trigger on em

Ill have to report back and let you know how i like them. Thats one thing i think im going to like about it is the circle trigger.

Comment

Dang it I'm jealous!!!!

A good friend and mentor of mine is working a predator job in Alabama this week and caught this black phase coyote.

Comment

That's a cool looking yote

Comment

If you're wanting the good fur. Wait til after thanksgiving. If you're just wanting to get rid of some varmints then hammer away! Technically footholds can't be used til nov 1 unless the animals are causing damage. Just FYI.
                          yup, pretty much trying to get rid of some coons caught like 20 last year, only trap on 30 acres.. pretty amazed lol.

Comment

That's agood catch on 30 acres for sure double b! Anyone else seen these raccoons in east Texas taking over this convenience store parking lot ? Lol that'd be a location to gang set with some Ztraps! The buddy who told me about this place said someone had already gotten in trouble trying to trap these little boogers without permission.
                            A group of raccoons showed great enthusiasm and some impressive manners when a couple opened a bag of Doritos along a wooded rest stop recently. Rachel Malcom and her husband Wayne Brown stopped at…

Comment

Itching to get some steel in the ground but it's been dang hot here still. I may head out next week though and put some traps out. Will report when I do.

Comment

So for the lack of posts brothers, been pretty busy with various jobs..

I got a call from one of my Clients last night "Dale, there is really loud growling out by my chicken pen, I think you caught my problem"

I told her that I would be right over to take care of the critter, and the mini me wanted to ride shotgun with me to see what was making all the racket..

Turned out to be a 32lb Bobcat...

Full Rosette spots also..

Comment

Working...
                                X