A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgato View Post
    Yet another benefit of living in the south. No ordinances around here. I don't disc the manure in. Just let it melt in from rain. Smell doesn't last that long...unless you ask my wife.
    Im sure you get that look every time the chicken truck pulls in the gate.
    Amazing place you have sir and the amount of time and work you put into made it what it is. Love all your fruit trees and garden pics as well! What benefits do you see from having the fruit trees for the deer? We have planted a bunch of pears apples peaches and persimmons hoping the deer will benefit from them in the coming years.

Comment

Starting to get some photos. Too early yet to know what they will become as lots of growth yet. Heres a fun pic. We do know the buck on the left and he's 7 or 8 . Will be chased this year. Tried to get him last yr but wasn't seen. You can also see a 7 pt on far rt. May not be a good yr for him.

Great year for food plots with lots of good stuff growing everywhere. Clover holding up well and moisture has been good. Certainly getting hot though.
      Attached Files

Comment

Realized I haven't posted much lately. Loggers on the farm. We are thinning about 120 acres of pines. Will be great for the trees and create a nice salad garden for everything else.
        Attached Files

Comment

That old giant on the left looks kin to Rollin Stone. Great picture! Gotta get my chicken litter out this week. Its been too wet all spring! My young bucks sure look good already. I need to put some cameras out.

Comment

Still too early to tell but I like what I'm seeing
            Attached Files

Comment

Good prospects. What's the bucket for on the protien drop? Coons?

Comment

Yes, coons. Mostly works though we still have a few acrobats

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Such an awesome place Elgato!

Comment

Far right walking in looks promising .. Nice place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They all look promising!

Comment

Apparently this is how you introduce your grandchildren to fishing these days. An RC boat with fishing gear attached. I'll intervene at the appropriate time with more traditional gear.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Lol that's pretty cool

Comment

looking good

Comment

Here's the buck from the previous picture a little closer plus another one thats been around a few years. believe them both to be 6. The buck in the daytime pic was a tad over 180" last yr.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X