No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol el gato. I wondered how you spread it.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

dang hate to hear that about the fawn..just part of it I guess

Comment

Yessir well said

Comment

Awesome place! My wife hates me now as I spent the last two days reading through the entire thread!

Comment

Everything is looking good on the farm for early summer. Rains have been good and plots are doing well. The apple, pear and persimmon trees are all loaded. Promising start.
            Attached Files

Comment

Bucks are starting to show. I don't know who this is for sure but I like the drop
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                Ouch, found this one while conducting a browse survey yesterday. Was a 4 yr old I was looking forward to seeing this season.

Think I'm going to start adding a little marijuana to my food plots to mellow the buck out a bit and control fighting
                Dang! That's a nice one!

Comment

I like the way the fruit trees are doing this yr. Even the younger ones are loaded.
                  Attached Files

Comment

All of my vetch/Alyce clover perished in the floods so we replanted. It's up and doing well. Haven't seen deer on it yet but that is just a matter of time.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Just found and read this entire thread. What an amazing place you have. Look forward to more updates.

Comment

Lookin good! This thread is a perfect example how hard work does pay off!

Comment

Chicken manure works great but man does it smell!!! I know a farmer who uses it in his fields and he has to dump, spread and disc in the manure within 48 hours due to a town ordinance (this is in NJ). Get it in the ground ASAP! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tautog View Post
                            Chicken manure works great but man does it smell!!! I know a farmer who uses it in his fields and he has to dump, spread and disc in the manure within 48 hours due to a town ordinance (this is in NJ). Get it in the ground ASAP! LOL
                            Yet another benefit of living in the south. No ordinances around here. I don't disc the manure in. Just let it melt in from rain. Smell doesn't last that long...unless you ask my wife.

Comment

Man I need to find some free time and come up there and see the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhunter2007 View Post
                                Man I need to find some free time and come up there and see the place.
                                Gates are always open and visitors welcome. Come on up.

Comment

Working...
                                X