A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgato View Post
    Just for giggles I think his net B&C typical score is 190.4/8. Thats using my rough score differences. Once rack is off his head I will get very precise. Not that it makes any difference as I don't really care about net scores.
    Amazing buck! Nets are for fish anyway

Comment

That's an incredible buck Rusty! Great job. Your herd management skills and everything about your place is just awesome and so interesting. Thank You for continuing to share your trails and tributes and taking us along on your adventure.

Comment

Still blown away by this beast. I really want to see pics of the cat in the cage now!
        Been wanting to do a trap like that for quite a while

Comment

Awesome deer Congrats.

Comment

Now that you got rolling stone, which buck does your neighbor have his eye on? The big 10?

Comment

I am reminded when the other week, I was watching "The bucks of Tecomate" and the host was visiting the Mississippi delta, and was thinking, if he could use Tecomate seed on Mississippi dirt, ohh the possibilities. I'm paraphrasing, but El Gato's place came to mine.

That's what's possible. 365 days of high quality nutrition and a good age structure has produced monsters. Truly spectacular!

Congrats on getting your target buck, it super tough for me to get "A" buck, so I am impressed you got "the" buck you were after.

Comment

Check out what Rusty caught on El Gato in Mexico!!!

Comment

This was the lion we killed last year on El Gato.

Comment

Big kitty cat from this year. Glad you caught him.

Comment

A year in the life of a farm

Comment

Didn't he catch one in Louisiana too?

Comment

No we killed one last year and saw several more in Mexico. They set this cool new trap out and caught this one!

Comment

Here's the final tale of the tape. With rack off skull and tight tape:
                            201 2/8"gross
                            191 5/8" net
                            That on a 17 7/8" inside spread
                            Pretty rare!

Comment

Congratulations! Job well done, both growing and shooting!

Comment

Just caught up for the last 6 months worth of posts... Congrats on a Beauty Rusty!!!

What an incredible place you have up there in Louisiana, I really appreciate you taking the time to document all of your deer, planting, management practices, etc. Very Cool Stuff!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X