No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you catch a cat, this thread will have covered all basis. After all, you are el Gato.

Comment

We missed the rain! Nothing. Again. So the seed will have to sit in the barn and wait for moisture.

Someone asked if I have a target buck. Many of you know this guy. He hasn't been seen in 6 weeks and now I know why. He is wearing camo . This the only hard antler photo
      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome picture!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
          We missed the rain! Nothing. Again. So the seed will have to sit in the barn and wait for moisture.

Someone asked if I have a target buck. Many of you know this guy. He hasn't been seen in 6 weeks and now I know why. He is wearing camo . This the only hard antler photo

Good luck. Guess your neighbor will let you have the first pick this year, since he got first picks last year!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
            Good luck. Guess your neighbor will let you have the first pick this year, since he got first picks last year!
            He may not be that good of a friend.

Comment

Get a chance to hunt yet?

Comment

Our rifle season opens Friday and my calendar is clear for the next couple weeks. While we had a brief cool spell it's back in the 90's now. Surely that will improve with time. Irrespective I will be out.

We still have had no rain with none in sight. 6 pallets of seed sit in the barn waiting. It is as dry as I can remember. Still I will not plant till I see moisture on the horizon . Fortunately there is a good acorn crop and it is hard to find a deer anywhere right now. Presumably they are in the woods on the acorns.

So we start the season with bare food plots, hot weather, and abundant acorns. Should be interesting.

Comment

Good luck Rusty.

Comment

Good luck, perhaps still hunting will work nicely with these conditions.

Comment

PM sent elgato

Comment

Since this thread moved down to the third page, figure it needs to move ttt.

Guessing the hot weather has not been good for hunting or food plots?

Comment

I've been on 14 hunts for RS. Seen him twice at long range too dark to video. Hot weather, variable winds and woods full of acorns have made hunting difficult. Also nothing growing in the openings. Drought as bad as I remember.

I elected to swing for the fence yesterday and start planting . There is a chance of rain in about 7 days and considering it will take 5 or 6 days to plant and it's already mid October I'm going for it.

Thanks for your interest. Gonna try to rattle him up this weekend as cooler weather arrives.

Comment

Good luck on the rain and hunt!

Comment

Praying for rain for you...hopefully we get some next week?

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                                I've been on 14 hunts for RS. Seen him twice at long range too dark to video. Hot weather, variable winds and woods full of acorns have made hunting difficult. Also nothing growing in the openings. Drought as bad as I remember.

I elected to swing for the fence yesterday and start planting . There is a chance of rain in about 7 days and considering it will take 5 or 6 days to plant and it's already mid October I'm going for it.

Thanks for your interest. Gonna try to rattle him up this weekend as cooler weather arrives.
                                We are putting seed in the ground this week as well. Looks like the upcoming weekend holds some moisture so fingers are crossed. Been setting on this seed for over a month now..........time to roll with it!

Comment

Working...
                                X