No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know everyone is excited about seeing this years crop of bucks. Me too. But we mustn't lose sight of how we grow these big bucks. Nutrition is paramount.

I just received my first load of chicken litter. At 2 tons per acre I have enough to do 11 acres. Once I have figured out distribution I will get more. I am totally jazzed about experimenting with chicken sh**. Get older does weird things to a man.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
      I know everyone is excited about seeing this years crop of bucks. Me too. But we mustn't lose sight of how we grow these big bucks. Nutrition is paramount.

I just received my first load of chicken litter. At 2 tons per acre I have enough to do 11 acres. Once I have figured out distribution I will get more. I am totally jazzed about experimenting with chicken sh**. Get older does weird things to a man.

How are you putting it out?

Comment

All of a sudden there is a ton of s*** in this thread. About 22 tons of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
          How are you putting it out?
          A neighbor has a distributor I hope to borrow. I don't know details but will report as I get started

Comment

Chicken Litter is your friend for long lasting effect. Good call.

Also,don't be surprised if curious deer like the taste. Cattle sure do

Comment

Hopefully that is not the road to the house!
              Didn't you have a huge 8 point last year or the year before? Any sign of him?

Comment

I think your idea is crap, Rusty.

Comment

"You know.....It's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken **it"

Comment

Will green up everything in a hurry. Top notch fertilizer.

Comment

I would vote to let the buck with all the mass walk, I think he is cool and more than likely due to this year's weather he is down. Besides it would be cool if he gets with the right doe to see a large framed typical tall tined 10 point some day with his mass.

Also you may want to do a test run with the chicken mess, I have seen it used in gardens before and it burned up some of the plants just like over fertilizing. In gardens our best luck was when we tilled it into the dirt.

Comment

A neighbor has a distributor I hope to borrow. I don't know details but will report as I get started

Got a pic of this thing? Only thing I can think that would be efficient would be a fertilizer truck

Comment

I really think you should fence the cimaron field. You could plant it in corn, let it mature and then bring in some pigs. The theory being the pigs will crack and eat the corn leaving a mess of cracked corn on the ground for the doves. Would also make for some fine organic pork. If any of you guys had ever had the privilege to meet and know his father . You would understand where he gets his drive and willingness to step outside the box!

Comment

Originally posted by JEB300 View Post
                            I really think you should fence the cimaron field. You could plant it in corn, let it mature and then bring in some pigs. The theory being the pigs will crack and eat the corn leaving a mess of cracked corn on the ground for the doves. Would also make for some fine organic pork. If any of you guys had ever had the privilege to meet and know his father . You would understand where he gets his drive and willingness to step outside the box!
                            Well, look who decided to come out of the closet and make a post. You gonna tend to the pigs?

Comment

Good luck and let us follow along with the chicken litter. I talked to a man in Nac today about getting some, but his minimum load was 25 tons and I only wanted to get about 10 tons or so. Depending on what you find out, I may try again in the future.

Comment

That's a lot of pooh.

Comment

Working...
                                X