A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgato View Post
    I know some of you would rather see buck pictures than food plots. Here is Rolling Stone plus another handsome man. The bucks are looking really good and I'll post more early August when we run the cameras around the farm.
    I like seeing the plots and the deer! Your place is amazing! Keep em coming!

Comment

Very nice progress. Love reading your updates

Comment

The deer are sure looking good. The sunn hemp looks great. Post pics of how it does after cutting it. Mine isn't growing as advertised but I still think it is a good food plot crop and the deer are eating on it. Mine also seem to prefer black eyed peas and lablab but this is the first year for the sunn hemp so I'm planning expanded acreage next year too.
        I think I planted mine on about June 7th so this picture makes it about one month's worth of growth.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking good as usual! Glad to hear the flood waters have receded and hopefully things can get back to normal for yall.

Comment

great pics Rusty!!

Comment

For those of you growing sunn hemp you may find this interesting. We mowed a field of hemp that was 4-6 ft tall and while doing so noticed several plants blooming. It is my impression that sunn hemp grown in the continental U.S. would not go to seed. That may be true but it is July and we have some flowering. We left a few blooming plants to see what happens.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                For those of you growing sunn hemp you may find this interesting. We mowed a field of hemp that was 4-6 ft tall and while doing so noticed several plants blooming. It is my impression that sunn hemp grown in the continental U.S. would not go to seed. That may be true but it is July and we have some flowering. We left a few blooming plants to see what happens.
                That was my understanding too it would not go to seed. Interesting.

Comment

Interesting I did not expect to see it blooming, And I thought it would be taller before blooming. Surprised here. Keep up the reports. I like the whole picture at your place.

Comment

In....

Comment

That's what I have read too. No seed. Supposedly the growing season isn't long enough. Keep posting pics of the sunn hemp progress and cuttings etc. I'm really interested in what that stuff is capable of.

Comment

J at Turner seed told us that it would put off seeds. It is between 4-6 ft tall at our place and showing no signs of blooming like yours.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow! That stuff looks good. Is that lablab that is mixed with the hemp?

Comment

Iron clay peas and sunflowers. It is all doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by drslonghorn View Post
                              Iron clay peas and sunflowers. It is all doing well.
                              No kidding. That's a great looking plot. It will be interesting to see if the deer can do anything to it later in the year when all of the native vegetation gets bitter and woody. Put a camera on it and post pictures.
                              A guy couldn't ask for a better looking food plot than what you have there.

Comment

Thanks, here is a pic of our IC pea patch .
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X