No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short video showing a couple bucks we have found during logging I think killed by Hurricane Laura

Comment

Great video Rusty! Sucks you lost those bucks, and no telling how many others though! I can’t wait to see the update from around the farm.

Comment

Man that hurts. I remember you talking about looking for that bucks sheds without success. Now we know why. Looking forward to the next video.

Comment

Thank you for the new video, always a pleasure to watch ur videos, looking forward to hopefully several more.

Comment

Really enjoyed that video and the stories behind the deer. Sucks you lost them but at least now you have some closure. I wonder how many more heads the crews will come across.

Comment

Update from the farm showing summer projects

Comment

Thanks Rusty.

Comment

Great update on some amazing deer!

Comment

Fascinating stuff Rusty. Hate to see those giant deadheads but I can relate. We have lost some great deer over the years but it never stops sucking!

Comment

How did your American joint vetch plots do this year?

Comment

How did your American joint vetch plots turn out this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                          How did your American joint vetch plots do this year?
                          I planted some joint vetch in April and it was doing really well and the deer loved it until this drought hit, praying for some rain next week. It was slow going at first for the first 4-6 weeks then exploded. Now hardly anything on the stems

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post

I planted some joint vetch in April and it was doing really well and the deer loved it until this drought hit, praying for some rain next week. It was slow going at first for the first 4-6 weeks then exploded. Now hardly anything on the stems
                            What county?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post

What county?
                              Wharton

Comment

My vetch success was very poor this year. I managed to plant just before we went into the biggest drought I can remember. Got some germination but growth stalled. When I finally got a little rain on it there was some response but most plants didn't get over about a foot tall. Disappointing with lesson being to plant earlier irrespective of temp. I planted mid May best I remember. All that said I had the best clover year ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X