No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow you got it going on at your farm! I love your pics!

Comment

Wow love your pics!

Comment

Are you doing anything with your food plots this spring?

Comment

Originally posted by lovetohunt View Post
          Are you doing anything with your food plots this spring?
          Yes, I intend to plant a similar mix as done in past. cowpeas, sunflower, milo, soybean, okra, sunn hemp, buckwheat....and experiments. The difference this spring is I will be using mob grazing cows to terminate the fall planting vs. roller crimping. Will be first time so very curious to see how it works. I have already strip grazed several of the plots and like the impact I see on the fields. Much more to be reported on all this as we move into spring.

For those that have followed this thread our emphasis on nutrition is well known. With that it is no surprise that here on the farm we filled all the protein feeders several weeks ago ahead of the cold and bad weather. Nutritionally this is probably the weakest time of year in this part of the country. Yet does are pregnant, bucks are recovering from the rut, dropping their antlers and new antler growth will start very shortly.All critical times in their health. I think what happens now till green up has a big bearing on this years antler growth and the health/potential of this years fawn crop.

Comment

Agree Rusty. What happens between now and Greenup is critical to new antler growth too.

Comment

I will be very interested on how the mob grazing terminates and benefits the plots. Two questions on that subject. Will you be mob grazing it with the sheep or will it be done with cattle? How do you think it will change the ability to maintain moisture without the thatch layer that is provided by your winter crop?

Sorry just reread and saw you will be using cattle.

Comment

Both FCP and YouTube upgraded since my last video. Took me most of day to figure out changes and I missed improving video quality. Won't happen again. Nonetheless here is introductory video on where I'm taking farm. And...no doubt in my mind will significantly improve whitetail production.

Comment

Both FCP and YouTube upgraded since my last video. Took me most of day to figure out changes and I missed improving video quality. Won't happen again. Nonetheless here is introductory video on where I'm taking farm. And...no doubt in my mind will significantly improve whitetail production.

Apparently I need to practice my posting skills as well
                  Last edited by elgato; 03-08-2022, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Excellent video Rusty! The way you do everything first class, I have a feeling you’ll be one of the faces of regenerative agriculture before you’re done!

Comment

Last edited by Puncher51; 03-08-2022, 09:44 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Great video Rusty! Looking forward to following your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great video thanks for sharing

Comment

Bucks from the farm this year. In a word---hard---couldnt find many of the mature bucks

Comment

Another great video Rusty.

Comment

Awesome video!

Comment

Working...
                                X