No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really enjoy the videos - please keep them coming.

Comment

Awesome thread, really enjoy the videos and comments from all.

Comment

A year in the life of a farm

Thanks for all the info!
        I posted over on your thread on habitat talk, but figured I’d throw it up here.

Your summer mix minus the milo and millet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just taking a look. Great jobbed beautiful pic. Show a shot with the sunn hemp

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
            Just taking a look. Great jobbed beautiful pic. Show a shot with the sunn hemp

I’ll try to get up there and get some better pics. May be a couple weeks until I’m able to get there. I’ve been trying for a month to get a pic out of my father, and that’s about all I’ve gotten!

Comment

How are things going?

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                How are things going?

Ya, any updates @elgato? I’m living vicariously through your threads haha. I forgot to post the better pics of my father’s plot, so here they are.
                He planted the sunn hemp and sunflowers as a perimeter screen instead of in the mix like I told him to. Oh well.

Panorama

Some plants are heavily browsed, but it grows WAY too fast for the deer to knock it back.

Cowpeas climbing up some sunn hemp

Reaching for the sky...

Comment

Thanks for asking and great pics Ikeman. Summer has been particularly wet here in La. which is a good thing.La handles excess moisture much better than drought. Everything is growing like crazy keeping the farm lush and green. Starting to get pics of some nice bucks and I predict this will be one of the best seasons ever.

I'm starting today to go sit with video camera and see if I can get some footage of velvet bucks to post in new video. May take a couple weeks but if I can catch the ones I'm after should be good.

Comment

Couple food plot pics. They are a jungle!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the update! Can’t wait to see what you have this year.

Comment

Thanks for the update! Can’t wait to see what you have this year.

Comment

Great pics, have really enjoyed your videos. Looking forward to the fall plots.

Comment

Amazing. Can't wait for more pics!

Comment

I've been going out almost every evening trying to get video footage...mostly unsuccessfully . Amazing in that this year we have had a very difficult time getting pics of many of the bigger ones we know are there. It's just so lush out there. Heres a couple though there are a bunch more out there. Think I may chase the bi one as he's 7. The 10 is 5.

Still hope to get video footage of some of the big ones in velvet
                              Attached Files

Comment

Oh man!! It’s going to be a good season!!

Comment

Working...
                                X