A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HappyM View Post
    Great videos and thank you for sharing your experiences. I took the plunge and look forward to my spring planting. All the best.

[ATTACH]950615[/ATTACH]
    Your going to have a lot of fun with that! My no till drill is one of the best investments I have ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
      Unless I missed it. What about water? Do you have an irrigation system? Do you just depend on the rain God?

I am thinking about west texas. Ft Mckavett area. Rocks and dirt. We have an awsome pecan orchard but each tree has a water line.
      No irrigation in La. One of the reasons I think La. has so much potential is that it rains here...a lot. Makes it easier to grow things. Course it also floods a lot here. Thats a problem but most of my property is high ground.

I do have a 60 acre pivot at the ranch. Just planted 20 acres of milo and 20 acres of soybeans

Comment

I wish I could purchase one of those drills. Talk about spending less time on the tractor and being more efficient. Maybe one day it will happen.

Comment

First spring plot with a notill drill is in the ground. Thx again for sharing your experiences.

Comment

Was a bit rainy Saturday so I put together this video. Little rutting activity with a nice drop tine buck https://youtu.be/BzMXzjugsQI

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
              Was a bit rainy Saturday so I put together this video. Little rutting activity with a nice drop tine buck https://youtu.be/BzMXzjugsQI
              great footage!

Comment

Another great video!!

Comment

Awesome video Rusty! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Finally got some dry weather allowing us to hit the clover fields. Here's a little clover mgt. 101.
                    Last edited by elgato; 04-04-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Great info, thanks. These videos are awesome. Would you treat other white clovers like you do durana and mow it that low assuming its not too hot/dry?

I have a imperial wt clover plot this year in addition to a couple red clover plots with some durana mixed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was a good day yesterday. Big bird early then caught 15-20 bass with lifelong buddy. Home by 1.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
                          Great info, thanks. These videos are awesome. Would you treat other white clovers like you do durana and mow it that low assuming its not too hot/dry?

I have a imperial wt clover plot this year in addition to a couple red clover plots with some durana mixed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I think its ok to mow most white clovers low. The question is why do you need to? I would only mow if it is weedy or you need to release it from small grains or such.If field is clean and lush I wouldn't mow.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                            Was a good day yesterday. Big bird early then caught 15-20 bass with lifelong buddy. Home by 1.
                            That is awesome, another day in the la vida duelce

Comment

Been raining for the last 36 hours...just over 7" so far. Time for a new video.

Comment

Yes sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X