No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see differences in the bucks left side, or the right side if you are looking at the pic. His left main beam is lower than the right main beam, and it turns down. The daytime buck also looks to have an extra tine growing next to the g3 on the bucks left side.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
      I see differences in the bucks left side, or the right side if you are looking at the pic. His left main beam is lower than the right main beam, and it turns down. The daytime buck also looks to have an extra tine growing next to the g3 on the bucks left side.

I'm thinking that extra tine appears to be the g4 in the night pic because it is inline with the actual g4.

Comment

I believe the beam difference is just due to a difference in head angle. In the IR pic, the end of the beam is curving toward the camera.

The additional tine does look to exist, but it is just hidden behind the other tine in that view.

Comment

Y'all are going thru all the same deliberations I am. Bottom line for me...I'm not sure.Lots of striking similarities especially the brows and the bump halfway up the lft G2.. Cant see that extra point on left side in night pic but might be angle. Left main beam looks slightly lower than rt in daytime but not nighttime. Again angle? Palmation looks slightly different in daytime but also could be angle. ????

Fun deliberations!

In the mean time lots of new pics popping up. Growth looks good this year.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
            Y'all are going thru all the same deliberations I am. Bottom line for me...I'm not sure.Lots of striking similarities especially the brows and the bump halfway up the lft G2.. Cant see that extra point on left side in night pic but might be angle. Left main beam looks slightly lower than rt in daytime but not nighttime. Again angle? Palmation looks slightly different in daytime but also could be angle. ????

Fun deliberations!

In the mean time lots of new pics popping up. Growth looks good this year.
            Ah, ok, good to know you're thinking the same way! Didn't want you to think we were second-guessing you on your on deer.

I'm leaning toward it being the same buck, and more future pics will help determine that. Now, if they both show up in the same pic together, that'll make it easy.

Comment

My leaning as well but cameras still running. They weren't that far apart and that area is full of big bucks.

For example...I think this a cool pic
              Attached Files

Comment

I dont think the head angle is so different from one pic to another to completely hide that extra tine, but I could be wrong. The deer are strikingly similar or the same buck...I guess El Gato will have to sift through a few more pics to see if he can make a final ruling.

Comment

Just that much better if it's not the same buck.

Comment

Looking great as always. You have any cameras running South if the Rio?

Comment

I dont think the head angle is so different from one pic to another to completely hide that extra tine, but I could be wrong. The deer are strikingly similar or the same buck...I guess El Gato will have to sift through a few more pics to see if he can make a final ruling.

The extra time isn't hidden it is right behind the G4, it just appears to be the G4 in the 2nd pic because of the angle.

Freaking stud of a deer

Comment

Was that the only daytime pic? Look at the cut on the left ear that would be my identifying factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by triple_duece View Post
                          Awesome deer! I love the mass. It’s the reason I bought property in tensas parish. Although it’s just 179 acres, it is mine. It’s also in crp and the only reason I could afford such a place. No fences just some woods to the north on border, crp to south border and ag east and west. Last year was the first great buck that was killed (in my eyes). Finally got some like minded hunters to the south and I don’t even want to talk about my north border. I don’t run cams because bears tear them up. No feed program, I’ve turned from planting plots and running corn feeders to just cutting and seeding in ladino clover. My property is off limits April 15-July 15 due to crp program. Cant even cut so it is what it is. Last year was the first time I just cut and reseeded clover and I had more deer than ever. They stayed out and fed back and forth. cull 6pt.

If you have any advice or things I can improve on I’m all ears. Thanks
                          looks like youre in pretty good shape 3d! why spend a ton of money on a herd that is already spectacular! impressive indeed. if the cpr bunch help keep an eye on it, it seems like a great setup.

Comment

It's Sunday. It's brutally hot outside. So I'm dinking around looking at some of the trail cam pics cause I'm just too lazy to want to fight the heat doing outside chores.

Notice how incredibly similar these two bucks look. I had to study a bit to make sure they aren't the same one. Many strikingly similar features.Palmation on rt main beam between 2-3.Double forked brows.Small bump midway lft g2. The pics were only taken a few hundred yards apart and a couple of days or so apart.I'm guessing the night time buck is daytimes daddy. Certainly from same genetic strain.

As a side note the daytime buck...middle of the day...was in a vetch field. I love vetch! Nightime buck in Durana and chicory.
                            Mystery solved. Got multiple pics of buck last night and am convinced its the same deer.

Comment

Mystery solved. Got multiple pics of buck last night and am convinced its the same deer.
                              Good.
                              Now I can sleep at night.

Comment

That everyone sleeps well is important to me...especially someone in the Mexican mafia

I thought this pic had nice artistic element.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X