• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow what a deer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
      Rather handsome. Rifle season opened for us today.
      Is he on the hit list?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
        Is he on the hit list?

You bet . And a daytime pic to boot.

Comment

You bet . And a daytime pic to boot.
          That's awesome! I hope yall get an opprotunity at him!

Comment

Dead deer walkin

Comment

Rather handsome. Rifle season opened for us today.

What you think he score rusty? And a close body weight?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                What you think he score rusty? And a close body weight?

I only have head on pics, but I'm guessing mid 70's and depending on if / when we get him 250lbs+ here.

Comment

Ton of meat. Wondering, do they get more gamey when they are that big?

Comment

Good luck chasing him. Enjoy seeing those Louisiana bucks.

Comment

Do have this none from the ranch thats interesting
                      I've never seen one up close and this may be a stupid question, but on a 3 beam buck like this, is that left pedicle actually as large on/into the skull as it looks or is the pedicle itself the same size as the other side and the antler just expands and grows larger on the outside of the skull? If that makes sense at all..

Comment

Rusty, that last deer is a giant! I cant tell what all he has but i see enough to know hes special. Good luck with him.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          Rusty, that last deer is a giant! I cant tell what all he has but i see enough to know hes special. Good luck with him.
                          I was thinking it was the big 8 from post 1532, but looking harder, it appears this deer has a g4 on the left side?

Comment

It's a different buck. We aren't sure of age yet and will need to figure that out. Almost common base 2 and 3 on rt. .10 pt.

Re/ the nontypical from the ranch it appears he has damaged the pedicle on his lft. side. I reached out to Dr. Harry Jacobson for his thoughts. He believes there will probably be some memory in future yrs but that the rack should evolve back more to it's original form with time.

The challenge of course is that he is 7 and in the sweet spot with maybe only a yr. or 2 of prime antler growth left. I'm going to put my eyes on him this season before making a final judgment . He was a beautiful 200"+ basic 8 w 11 kickers quite balanced as a non typical last yr. I have 7 yrs invested in him. I may well wait another yr to see what he morphs in to.

Comment

It's a different buck. We aren't sure of age yet and will need to figure that out. Almost common base 2 and 3 on rt. .10 pt.

Re/ the nontypical from the ranch it appears he has damaged the pedicle on his lft. side. I reached out to Dr. Harry Jacobson for his thoughts. He believes there will probably be some memory in future yrs but that the rack should evolve back more to it's original form with time.

The challenge of course is that he is 7 and in the sweet spot with maybe only a yr. or 2 of prime antler growth left. I'm going to put my eyes on him this season before making a final judgment . He was a beautiful 200"+ basic 8 w 11 kickers quite balanced as a non typical last yr. I have 7 yrs invested in him. I may well wait another yr to see what he morphs in to.
                              How much do you think that mexico deer will score this year? That is one big mass measurement on the left base. He definitely has a one of kind rack this year, but how you describe him last year sounds pretty awesome too!

Comment

One of the unfortunate side effects of a tight buck/doe ratio is we have regular mortality from fighting.THe rut is wide open now and unfortunately this guy was found dead beside the road with multiple puncture wounds. I guess the good news is we got the rack and cape. Neighbor scored him at 160".

Been a challenging season with the hot weather and mosquitos and we are behind on harvest. Hasn't rained in 2 months which doesn't help much either. Still food plots with especially the radishes look good.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X