Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comanche County Bucks - Update

I previously asked about some Comanche County bucks in this thread:

Since then, I set up a Primos 60 over the protein feeder and put it in video mode. Take a look at this video -there are four bucks in the video identified by where they are at the very beginning.

Far left 10 point - 4 years old
    Left side 8 point - 3.5 years old
    Weird short tined buck in the front right - 2.5 or 3.5? Cull?
    Older 8 at back right - 4.5 or 5.5 years old? Should he get one more year or take him this year?

Thanks for the help on the above questions and hope you enjoy the video.

Nice deer. I would go ahead and take the older 8. Let the 10 have another year and see what he turns into. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks. What about the weird rack deer. Is he a cull or just young?

Comment

Weird buck is just very young. Either of those 8's can go. The 10 isn't terribly desirable, but I'd let him go. I don't believe in shooting an eight just because he's an eight. Some eights pretty well have it all. We killed one last year that at 5.5/6.5 had 27" main beams 9.5" brows, 15" G2 and 14" G3. 173 as a clean 8 and 186 3/8 with kickers. I could have shot him a year earlier when he scored in mid 140's, buit those brow tines and tine length said no. By the same token, I've got 3.5 10's that are short tined all the way aropund that don't deserve a pass just because they have 10 points. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder is the moral, I guess

Comment

Working...
        X