Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They look unnatural to me

Comment

here's one.... no tags in this one's ears...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
        LOL. All I want to know is the Cons if there are any?
        Mex. You know all of the deer in Haggerman are not native Texas deer. They were northern deer that were released during WWII. I know this because my Grandfather was in flight school at Perin Air Field (Denison, TX) and this was done to be able to supplement food shortages that the Army might encounter in a long drawn out war.

So in short, it did nothing but improve the deer populations for the surrounding areas.

Comment

Here's some of my uncles stock Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377200924.325198.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	24235363Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377200933.224375.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	24235364Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377200940.357220.jpg
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	24235365Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377200947.857315.jpg
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	24235366Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377200962.674059.jpg
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	24235367

Comment

I have a colt 45 daughter I believe he is a 727 son

Comment

Oh come on guys, lets all get along and not let our panties get in a wad.

Comment

I would hate being the guy that has to score those deer!!! I would have to pop an aspirin every 100" to minimize the headache

Comment

Originally posted by Tilladaddy View Post
                  Mex. You know all of the deer in Haggerman are not native Texas deer. They were northern deer that were released during WWII. I know this because my Grandfather was in flight school at Perin Air Field (Denison, TX) and this was done to be able to supplement food shortages that the Army might encounter in a long drawn out war.

So in short, it did nothing but improve the deer populations for the surrounding areas.

I think I was always told that they were Kansas Strain.

Never new that. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by STXJunkee View Post
                    No one said anything about killing these deer did they? Nor did they say it was a hunt.
                    I'm in both sides of this fence I can appreciate the beauty in both and understand that they are two different situations. Rub some mud on your face, leave your weapons at home, and harvest your animal..... That is the only true definition of fair chase.
                    You Again? Remeber I am Still just that weekend hunter. Don't waiste A Post on Me.

Funny how I am in the wrong but, you feel the need to defend what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                      You Again? Remeber I am Still just that weekend hunter. Don't waiste A Post on Me.

Funny how I am in the wrong but, you feel the need to defend what you do.
                      First of all, I didn't defend anything i do.... simply pointing out that this specific thread had nothing to do with what your angry about.

I only think your in the wrong for trashing someone else's belief. Your management thoughts and tactics are completely correct for your situation.

Now to be truthful with everyone.... Take every bit of supplemental Water away from your heard along with your protein stations and corn feeders. Wait 4-5 years and then go hunt your "Natural" or "Native" herd.

All of the ignorant arguing from both viewpoints aside... Stocker animals have changed deer and deer hunting forever.

Comment

Originally posted by STXJunkee View Post
                        Now to be truthful with everyone.... Take every bit of supplemental Water away from your heard along with your protein stations and corn feeders. Wait 4-5 years and then go hunt your "Natural" or "Native" herd.
                        Oh here we go.... So are you insinuating that because someone chooses to supplemental water and feed with protein, their deer herd in an extremely drought stricken habitat, that now the deer herd or deer harvested are not "Native"?.....

Comment

This is the funniest belly aching that I have seen in a while....High fence or low fence who really gives half of a chit enough to argue this much? Yall are starting to remind me of a bunch of dramatic women without jobs that just sit at home all day. Who all did a front tuck when they woke up this morning ???? Lol!!!! Masters75 and Aggiehunter08 what do you all think?

Comment

I have a question...

How much does a straw of those bucks go for? I know it ranges but on average for say a 250" buck. How many straws can you get out of him a year? Do you sell his offspring, or just straws. My biggest buck is 119" so I'm just living the dream looking at this thread.

Comment

I would like to submit an application for the job of naming these deer. That would be fun.

Comment

No pen or tag

No high fence , pen or tag. Texas born and bred.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X