Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a Moultrie 6V PowerPanel work w/ Primos Truth Cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found some cheap with free shipping! Buy away!
    Find the lowest prices on sports, outdoor, baby products, pool & spa supply, electronics, home, garden equipment, and more. Great products with fast & free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by ngyoung27 View Post
      Found some cheap with free shipping! Buy away!
      http://www.vminnovations.com/Product...s-Feeders.html
      No that IS NOT the combination solar panel and battery panel. The one on that link is just a solar panel.

This is the combo unit here:
      Cheapest I have found is at Native Outdoors in Royce City.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rascalarms View Post
        No that IS NOT the combination solar panel and battery panel. The one on that link is just a solar panel.

10-4 thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rascalarms View Post

you are right! guess thats why its so cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Yall made me bust out my old moultrie powerpack. I set it outside for a day. It shows 0 for the internal charge level. I'm assuming the battery is toast. Has anyone ever took one apart and tried replacing the battery?.
            Yes I have replaced the batt in moultrie power panel.

Comment

Lol. I'm glad you figured it out... I would have payed to be in the store as you busted out your voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by kenfa03 View Post
                Yes I have replaced the batt in moultrie power panel.
                Too much info and details!

Where did you get the replacement battery? Any other info?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                  Lol. I'm glad you figured it out... I would have payed to be in the store as you busted out your voltmeter
                  Haha...it wasn't that bad. I know those guys pretty well. It just took some time to convince them that MUCH THOUGHT had been given to the issues and we had some questionable readings w/ the voltmeter during troubleshooting.

It was kinda funny b/c one of the guys was adement about how it wasn't meant to be used for cams....only for feeders. He wasn't convinced until they took my defective unit out to one of the Moultrie feeders in the warehouse and it "wouldn't" power it!

That's when they finally agreed to open up another NEW package and it worked perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Too much info and details!

Where did you get the replacement battery? Any other info?
                    Cant remember. Took it apart and ordered the same one that was in it. Still using it.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give it a try

Comment

Glad this problem has been resolved!

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                          Glad this problem has been resolved!
                          Thanks to the TBHer's troubleshooting help and direction. And especially to you tgil! I would have never thought to use a voltmeter the way u instructed to confirm we were getting power.

I was just plain lucky to have turned the camera ON and notice the drop in voltage.

Comment

Dang defective material!!! I knew something didn't seem right when it dropped so low on power up. Keep us updated on how it works in the field!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1373157183626.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	24217055

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1373157210718.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	24217056

This is the battery out if my old Power Panel. Looks like a miniature 12v feeder battery. I'll try to find a replacement and get it working again.

The battery is about 3 3/4" long, 2" tall, and 1 5/8" wide.

Comment

Found a replacement battery. Time to do some serious searching and find it cheaper:

Diamec DM12-1.3 battery DM12-1.2 DM12-1.1 rechargeable 12v. Replacement Diamec DM12-1.3, DM12-1.2 and DM12-1.1 battery, rechargeable compatible 12v non-spillable sealed VRLA AGM lead-acid batteries...

Comment

Working...
                                X