2013 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SagDaddy View Post
    q-all - Where are you located in proximity to McGee Creek?
    McGee creek or McGee creek lake? The actual McGee creek crosses out property about .25 mile east of where 43 and McGee creek intersect

Comment

Originally posted by texas bound View Post
      Can I get the OK pro's to give me an age on this one? This is the best buck I have so far coming in to my feeders and wondering if he will be of age to shoot this year. I think yes but not 100% on aging deer in OK. Thanks

Hey Eric I think I've seen that lease before..

Comment

Originally posted by sooner00 View Post
        Hey Eric I think I've seen that lease before..
        That's cool. How was is the hunting on it? Can you give me any good spots on it to try out?

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
          McGee creek or McGee creek lake? The actual McGee creek crosses out property about .25 mile east of where 43 and McGee creek intersect
          Looks like you are just down the road from us.

Comment

Can I get the OK pro's to give me an age on this one? This is the best buck I have so far coming in to my feeders and wondering if he will be of age to shoot this year. I think yes but not 100% on aging deer in OK. Thanks
            Man for me aging deer this time of year is very very difficult. We don't call out our unknown bucks as shooters or not till they are usually hard horned.

But if I had to answer I am saying 3.5-4.5

Comment

I figured it was a little early to really get a good age on him. Are the deer in OK a lot like the deer in TX as far as body goes or do they drop more weight during the rut because of the terrain up there?

Comment

Probably better let him walk this year.
                That way he might walk by me and get shot.

Comment

Lol. I will make sure and give him gps cords to your stand for ya.

Comment

Lol. I will make sure and give him gps cords to your stand for ya.
                    Would your name happen to be Eric or Jacob?

Comment

This is Eric

Comment

This is Eric

We met out there last month. Was going to go check cams last Sunday but didnt make it out. Plan on going next Wednesday, cant wait to see what pics I have.
                        Is the road fixed by the creek yet so a truck can get up to the top?

Comment

I remembered you. No its not fixed yet.

Comment

I figured it was a little early to really get a good age on him. Are the deer in OK a lot like the deer in TX as far as body goes or do they drop more weight during the rut because of the terrain up there?
                            These deer r bigger then majority of Texas deer. I have hunted west and south Texas so that's what I am comparing to.

They do lose weight in the rut but they usually look bigger cus their necks are swelled up.

We have killed 2 bucks that field dressed 175+ and a few 130+ field dressed does off our place, we feed heavy protein and lots of food plots.

Comment

Nice sized deer. Im going to put in a plot in sept if I can find a disc for behind an atv.

Comment

Anyone here have any openings in the event what i am working on (potential lease) falls through?

Comment

Working...
                                X