No announcement yet.

2013 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed back up this weekend to put some finishing touches on things before it all starts on Tuesday! Good luck everyone!

Comment

Just got back to the house from a full days work at the ranch.

Me and my dad hung, 5 new stands and cleared about 20 cedar trees out around from one of our big food plots to give the deer an easier access and funnel them better. Also got to check on the food plots. Just from that rain we got last weekend the majority of our oats and mix plots are starting to come up.

Was able to check cameras too. Here's, 2 bucks thy finally have shown up. I have both there's sheds as 3 year Olds last year. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380153802998.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	24248563Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380153822966.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	24248564

Comment

Q, that's good news. Glad to see the timely rain benefitted you. Nice looking bucks.

From your comment I assume that this is the first sighting of the year.

You guys going to be able to get into the woods before next weekend?

Comment

First good pictures of both of these bucks. They have skirted the cameras a few times over the past few week.

The clearing we did around that food plot has already made a huge difference I set one of our MMS cameras on it and yesterday evening through this morning I have seen deer funnel through there. Alot more then usual for that spot.

We will be hunting Tuesday through Saturday next week. Alot of our big shooters are moving in daylight right now. I will be targeting this non typical buck who is actually at one of our sets right now as I type this. See picture.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380198138664.jpg
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	24248648

Comment

Those are some fine deer! I hope you guy's can connect!

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
              Those are some fine deer! I hope you guy's can connect!
              Agreed!

Looking forward to some LDP's.

Comment

Im still looking for a lease in se ok. What is the best way to find one? I have a cabin in broken bow and would like a place to hunt within about an hours drive.

Comment

Wish y'all luck! I'm in Oklahoma, only workin! Ughhh! Oh well headed up Friday through Monday. looks like nice cool front coming through Friday night!! Can't wait!

Comment

Hunting this evening. To warm this am and not worth taking a chance blowing a mature buck out of the area when they probably won't move. I will be hunting evenings till the wind switches back to the north this weekend. Will keep yall updated tonight with what I see.

Yesterday am 3 of our big shooters moved around 7:30. I credit that to the cold temp.

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
                      Hunting this evening. To warm this am and not worth taking a chance blowing a mature buck out of the area when they probably won't move. I will be hunting evenings till the wind switches back to the north this weekend. Will keep yall updated tonight with what I see.

Yesterday am 3 of our big shooters moved around 7:30. I credit that to the cold temp.
                      Thanks for the update q-all! I have a feeling it is going to be a good weekend for all of us

Comment

Good luck this week. I will be headed up Friday after work. Cant wait to get up there.

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post

If you lay the smack down on Torch... I want to see that beast in person.... Good luck man!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380639567.886349.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	24251286
                            Off to push county!!!!! Finally it's here I will be in the stand by 4:30 and will keep y'all updated as much as cell service will allow. Good luck to all !!!

Comment

Good luck all. Am headed up tomorrow after work.
                              Might need to buy a portable a/c to take to the stand with me.

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
                                Good luck all. Am headed up tomorrow after work.
                                Might need to buy a portable a/c to take to the stand with me.
                                Good luck up there. You staying through the weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X