Coyote removal, tip/advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyote removal, tip/advice?

The coyotes on our place are getting thicker and thicker every year, we killed one while in the deer stand but thats it. We've tried calling and got them to respond but they never came in. So we were thinking or trapping or snaring, does anybody have any tips? Maybe some recommendations on foot traps? Any help in general is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PM Hamshire- he can tell you what traps to use and give you some tips.

Comment

I have no problem killing coyotes on my lease in Robertson county.Only problems we have is they travel a lot and you have to call them when they are on your lease.Start with a locator call,if they are miles away, forget calling.Got to be in right place right time!

Comment

Use snares on "under" fence crossings where it looks like something has dug under the fence. Deer don't use these.
        ***Fawns may. Don't snare during fawning season.
        I set snares using twisty-ties with only a light twist so it comes loose easily. Trick is to get their head through it but not their shoulders.

Foot traps are tough, as I'm finding out. And 'yotes are the toughest of all.

Comment

Tell me about it.... Been trying for yotes or bobcats for weeks. After loosing my dog yesterday i'm going to try live bait in an encolsed live trap. Gonna use guinea's.

Comment

I've only called them by mouth. Best times for me were early morning after Sun up and late evening little before sunset.

Have gun will travel... Just saying...

Comment

Thank you for the tips guys i might give calling another shot, definitely gonna try snaring. What about baiting a live pig trap and bait it with a live chicken and set it sensitive?

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                Tell me about it.... Been trying for yotes or bobcats for weeks. After loosing my dog yesterday i'm going to try live bait in an encolsed live trap. Gonna use guinea's.
                You will probably catch a bobcat,but bet not a coyote!If you do,send me a picture.

Comment

Pigout,
                  I'm not that far from you, I'd love to come lend a hand on yotes. Calling doesn't always work, I might be able to help you in a few other areas though.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

I did snares however kept catching pigs and they ripped through them my hog problem is greter than the yote problem. what calls were you using?

Comment

Thanks for the offers everybody, i might send yall a pm in the future. I think im gonna make some snares and start snaring, im also gonna try the live trap idea i figure it cant hurt. I was using a distressed rabbit call. Any other information/tips anybody is willing to share?

Comment

Do any counties still offer bounties for the Yotes?

Comment

I know it sounds awful but I know a guy that hangs shark hooks on cable about five foot off the ground with a chunk of meat. he catches more than anybody I know

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                              I know it sounds awful but I know a guy that hangs shark hooks on cable about five foot off the ground with a chunk of meat. he catches more than anybody I know
                              My FIL was telling me the same thing!!! He said find the largest trebble hook you can buy and put meat on them and hang them from a tree about 4' off the ground. I'm gonna run by Cabella's today to get a dozen hooks....

Comment

Working...
                              X