No announcement yet.

"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked the cams yesterday, same ol same ol...I have been planning out my stand sites for next year though, so that's at least kept me entertained with the place lately.

I have always pretty much kept out of the back 25 acres, which is wooded and thicker than the front, but I've been rifle hunting back there this year and have decided to go ahead and bow hunt it next year. There are several great spots and it's a few hundred yards closer to the sanctuary than my feeder so I might be able to catch them a little earlier in the evening in the early season...but probably not, I'll probably just be watching the trees again this time next year too, haha.

Comment

Im liking your plan.
      Merry Christmas bud and thanks for letting us tag along.

Comment

Thank you sir, same to you and yours as well as all the TBH'ers!

Comment

Welp, whipped again, haven't had a shooter on camera since thanksgiving, which is better than years past but still frustrating. Sat out there this morning and saw 10 does and not 1 buck. Tons of young bucks on the camera yesterday, including a nice 10pt, but the old ones have disappeared.

We'll get back at it next month, prepping for some food plots and a few new stand locations, I really want to try to get my 8yo on his first deer next year.

I just have no clue what else to do to keep the bucks close during winter.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            Welp, whipped again, haven't had a shooter on camera since thanksgiving, which is better than years past but still frustrating. Sat out there this morning and saw 10 does and not 1 buck. Tons of young bucks on the camera yesterday, including a nice 10pt, but the old ones have disappeared.

We'll get back at it next month, prepping for some food plots and a few new stand locations, I really want to try to get my 8yo on his first deer next year.

I just have no clue what else to do to keep the bucks close during winter.
            I feel your pain man, they tend to disappear on me to and I put almost zero pressure on them, 7 sits all year and only sit on a good wind. I see does every trip just about. Did have bucks on cam in daytime hitting a corn pile but hogs moved in on it and ruined my last hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
              I feel your pain man, they tend to disappear on me to and I put almost zero pressure on them, 7 sits all year and only sit on a good wind. I see does every trip just about. Did have bucks on cam in daytime hitting a corn pile but hogs moved in on it and ruined my last hunt.
              if it weren't for my lease I don't know if I would still be deer hunting well, its free so I probably still would, but it still sucks.

Comment

It's about that time of year again...

The wide 8, he's been MIA for about 4 months now...
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice place

Comment

Haven't been able to make it out there in about a month but had a good day shed hunting today...found a matched set from a 7pt with small kickers off of both g2s and then found one that made me a little giddy inside...

The right side from big boy from 2012, probably walked past it 100 times

Which matches the left side I found 2 years ago

The wide 8 is still around and still had his antlers, as did about 6 or 7 other bucks, still hoping to see a few more old ones show up...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by jshouse; 03-25-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Still been tough to get out there, a buddy did yesterday and sent this, quality sucks but I was pretty excited...time will tell....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like an old bruiser for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's an old guy for sure. It amazes me how we find sheds 1 and 2 years later where we have walked so many times. Have you roughed the sides to see what he would have scored that year.

Can't wait to see what this old guy here turns into. Are you still heading down in July?

Comment

I haven't scored the newest side yet, I need too...and yes, I will be there in July, looking forward to it. Shoot me a PM with your number and I'll hit you up when we get closer...

I'm in Gulf Shores right for my sons baseball tournament and am going to give Crossfit Gulf Shores a run, hopefully in the morning...if tonight doesnt last too long lol...

Comment

I just keep looking at how high the brows start on the MBs....

Comment

Your still not 100% sure what happened to big boy right?

Comment

Working...
                                X