"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    We are still playing...he's in my buddies walk in out there, I won't be able to make it out today.

Still can't get the pics to load from my phone either...
    First of all congrats!!!!! Second send pics to somebody and have them posted for you!

We have been waiting a long time to see an ldp off this place!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats! Finally closed the deal. Please send the story too! YOUR KILLING ME SMALLS!!!!!!!

Comment

I got in the stand around 340, with a pile of sweet feed and a pile of corn at about 20 yards, the feeder is at 40 just because we haven't moved it closer to our new stand location. I didn't see a thing until about 705, even after the feeder went off at 615, but at 705 I had 7 Young bucks come out across the food plot from me. They were sparring and messing around for about 15mins and then started making their way to me.

All of them walked right past the corn feeder and went to the pile of sweet feed. Then I noticed a bigger one coming in hugging the tree line to my left. I knew who it was. He walked past the feeder and right to the sweet feed. I really wanted to kill the big 9 so I waited a few minutes to see if he would come out, with the history of the place i knew i may never get this chance again, so I decided to take the split g2 buck.

He perfectly broadside, facing to my right, at 20 yards. I let it go and heard it hit, he turned and ran back to my left into the trees. My solid red arrow was laying right where he was standing.

I got down and have him about an hour and found found him about 50 yards away.

He went down a bit from last year but is still a beautiful buck and has plenty of age on him.

Comment

PM sent with my number. Send me the pics and I'll post em for ya

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are the pics! Great buck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!!! Awesome buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

18 pages and there is finally some redemption!

Comment

Haha thanks man!

Comment

BOOM! Great buck.....I'm glad you got a good one on the ground! Congrats!

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Good job. Congrats! It's been a long ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, good buck.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                          BOOM! Great buck.....I'm glad you got a good one on the ground! Congrats!

Sent from my GS7
                          Thank you sir, being on your own little piece of ground makes it even better

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Awesome! Talk about patience/perseverance! You earned that deer.

Comment

man that's awesome, what a story! just goes to show what hanging in there and not giving up does! way to stay after them man.

Comment

Working...
                                X