No announcement yet.

"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That first picture looks just like him imo!! Do a side by side with that photo and an old one with that pose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
      That first picture looks just like him imo!! Do a side by side with that photo and an old one with that pose

I agree on the look of that first pic, here are two pics of big boy, 2012 and then 2014, the beams just don't match up....2013 is when he damaged one beam on my feeder. Sorry, can't do side by side on my phone...
      Attached Files

Comment

That's him imo, his left main beam is lower in both pics. Especially where his G1s come out.

Comment

Comment

Looks like him to me!

Comment

I think it's him too

Comment

Been keeping up with this. Awesome thread. Thanks for all the info.
                I have a place in Milam County and last year I noticed the bigger deer leaving during hunting season too but I thought it may have been because I let the protein feeders run dry. I'm going to keep the protein going year round this year.
                I see that you were in Gulf Shores earlier this month. My son played in the USSSA world series in the 11u group starting on the 12th. How did your son do?

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
                  Been keeping up with this. Awesome thread. Thanks for all the info.
                  I have a place in Milam County and last year I noticed the bigger deer leaving during hunting season too but I thought it may have been because I let the protein feeders run dry. I'm going to keep the protein going year round this year.
                  I see that you were in Gulf Shores earlier this month. My son played in the USSSA world series in the 11u group starting on the 12th. How did your son do?
                  i hope it works for you man, i have tried "doing" and "not doing" just about everytrhing from protein year round to fall plots and just cant figure these guys out.

my son was 8u and they did pretty good, they made it 6 games in and lost their 2nd game on friday to end the week. we were up 11-5 and lost 14-12 to the team that won 8 in a row friday-saturday only to lose the championship game. there are some good teams from the southeast out there......good luck to you guys!

Comment

Your son did good. I agree that there were some really good teams.
                    Good luck this year!

Comment

Your bucks are looking awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        I agree on the look of that first pic, here are two pics of big boy, 2012 and then 2014, the beams just don't match up....2013 is when he damaged one beam on my feeder. Sorry, can't do side by side on my phone...
                        Beams will do funny things when they get ancient. My dinosaur deer always had sweeping beams, not they just kind of sweep up and have shortened in his decline...not sure why, maybe blood flow issues.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          i'm still not convinced that he is my old buck from the beginning of this thread, the MB's on this buck go up at the ends, where Big Boy's were more sweeping in. but the tine configuration is similar and age/size is right on...
                          First of all, you continue to have great bucks throughout the years. I have followed from the beginning and enjoyed every minute. I just don't think that's the same buck. I agree the racks are similar, but the newer buck's brows start higher on the main beams. That normally doesn't change over time. And you do seem to have that trait in your herd. Something about his face just screams different deer to me.

Comment

Jack they are looking great again this year! Best of luck sir...

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                              First of all, you continue to have great bucks throughout the years. I have followed from the beginning and enjoyed every minute. I just don't think that's the same buck. I agree the racks are similar, but the newer buck's brows start higher on the main beams. That normally doesn't change over time. And you do seem to have that trait in your herd. Something about his face just screams different deer to me.
                              i agree with the face, i used to be able to recognize him right off the bat just by his look, but for some reason i never got that feeling last year when i saw this deer. although, one of the most recognizable things about him in early growth was how high his brows started, i think maybe that old pic above is a little deceiving because his head is tilted back a little. but i still cant make my mind up lol....i do know that he is my #1 right now, and i would pass that split g2 buck up if this one is still showing up.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
                                Jack they are looking great again this year! Best of luck sir...
                                thank you sir, and same to you

Comment

Working...
                                X