"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hallp82 View Post
    I'm HOOKED now. Can't wait to see you drop him!

After reading this ENTIRE story, you may want to consider not checking your cams every week. I hear that if you go out there too often, you can chase them off. I am checking mine once a month or so. Unless you are out there to fill your feeder, I would keep your scent off of that property as much as possible.

I wish I had your problem, I just have a bunch of hogs and a few deer (none worth shooting yet), so I can visit as much as I want! LOL
    man i have thought about all this lol, just crazy that i can go out there around lunch and he will be there that evening ALL SUMMER long...i am going to try to just get everything setup in early september this year and leave it all alone till opening morning, i just like to have a bunch of feed out on the ground away from the feeder before i hunt....

Comment

Read this whole thread in hopes that I'd see you bagged em. Good luck this coming season bud.

Comment

Originally posted by OS_BRANDON View Post
        Read this whole thread in hopes that I'd see you bagged em. Good luck this coming season bud.
        man i'm tryin, its gonna take luck, thanks

Comment

He should be trying to grow antler by now.......

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
            He should be trying to grow antler by now.......
            yep, been busy with baseball tourneys the last few weeks and its been real wet out there, I am going to try to make it out there tomorrow and check the cam, we'll see.

Comment

That buck you have pics of recently is old and mature! Good luck and hope you can close the deal this season

Comment

Good luck to you sir. It's going to feel good when you sink an arrow in him in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  yep, been busy with baseball tourneys the last few weeks and its been real wet out there, I am going to try to make it out there tomorrow and check the cam, we'll see.
                  Any pics lately?

Comment

i went last week and found that the batteries went dead on 4/16, there was really nothing new to see.

we have a baseball tourney this weekend but i will try to get out there monday to check the cam.

thanks

Comment

We're waiting....it's been 2 months since 4/16.....

Comment

yep, checked it on sunday and nothing big out there right now, i am not real worried about it, maybe he will switch up his routine and hit my place for the winter this year. it looks like a tropical rainforest out there right now too, ive never seen it this green in june. that plot you told me not to do sure would be nice right now

and i havent even been to my lease since march, its in a bottom so my stand/feeder/camera probably arent even there anymore, and we are in a 24hr rain right now so i probably cant get out there this weekend either.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          yep, checked it on sunday and nothing big out there right now, i am not real worried about it, maybe he will switch up his routine and hit my place for the winter this year. it looks like a tropical rainforest out there right now too, ive never seen it this green in june. that plot you told me not to do sure would be nice right now
                          and i havent even been to my lease since march, its in a bottom so my stand/feeder/camera probably arent even there anymore, and we are in a 24hr rain right now so i probably cant get out there this weekend either.
                          You need to think about that bolded part and send me a thank you card for saving you some time & money.

Comment

cant wait to see him this year on camera

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                              You need to think about that bolded part and send me a thank you card for saving you some time & money.
                              tis true, tis true, but a good stand of beans would be looking real pretty right now...

Comment

Could be, if they didn't drown out or deer didn't have to wade through all the other green stuff to get to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X