No announcement yet.

"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read your story from the start and couldnt walk away from it. Like everybody else, I wish you the best. I have noticed he is looking at the flash from your camera in 90% of the pictures. I was hunting a huge 12pt on a small tract of land , I got one picture of him looking straight at my camera @ midnight 2 days after I set it up and never saw him again.

Comment

that sucks man, i notice that deer are staring at the camera in a lot of my pics.

i am going down around lunch today to put out some feed and check the camera one last time, we'll see what has been going on this week...need some daylight pics BAD.

Comment

Let us know what ya got on camera. What's the game plane this weekend? Hunting from the ground or up in a tree? And Good luck to ya!!!

Comment

It's here jshouse! Go get him and good luck. I'm pulling for you!

Comment

gonna be in a pop up thats tucked up under some low hanging branches of an oak.

thanks guys

Comment

Good luck bud!

Comment

He didn't show at all this week, last pic was around midnight Sunday night.

I'm hoping he went on a SMALL walkabout for a few days while he shed his velvet, but I don't have a good feeling about this.

Comment

Eh, that just means he didn't step in front of your camera, he just stepped all around it I'm trying to stay positive for you.

Comment

When's your rut?

Comment

IMO your best bet is to turn your cameras off, this time of the year all your neighbors have their cameras going and he's probably seeing flashes every time he turns around along with all the new traffic in his safe zone that he hasn't had all year. If you make your place least pressured around there,that's where he'll want to stay.

Comment

It's usually around the first of November, but I flat out don't see bucks during the season, even though I have 10 doe at my feeder every day, I don't put much stock in the rut out there.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          He didn't show at all this week, last pic was around midnight Sunday night.

I'm hoping he went on a SMALL walkabout for a few days while he shed his velvet, but I don't have a good feeling about this.

**** that's crazy. Following his script to a "t" ... but you never really know. He could easily be on a walkabout shedding velvet.. I think he'll be back for you at some point soon.

Comment

Man that don't make since. I fell your frustration, I know all of us in your fan club want you to get Mr Big more than anything.

Comment

Man so disappointed in the news I hope comes by

Comment

hay guys, I saw a study somewhere that showed how bucks would sprint away from cameras. I mean they really sprinted or bolted away. They suggested setting the cameras up high above the deer looking down on the area of interest. After I saw the study I raised all of my cameras, and after the next film check I adjusted some of them and I have a better feeling about snapping pics. the study also suggested using video instead of snap shots, giving a better idea where and what the bucks are doing or going. hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X