Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates on your boy?

Comment

i will see if i can get some pics, my buddy used his computer to check the camera the last few times, but he is coming along...

the plot is too, i got some fertilizer on it sunday so the rain this week should really help. they are using it pretty heavily already, i also put my plotwatcher out so i will have some good plot pics next week.

Comment

Any updates?

Is it the same buck as last year?

Comment

it is the same buck, he is looking real good so far. I broke the monitor on my laptop a few weeks ago and haven't been able to use it to upload any pics. I will figure out a way to get some online soon.

the plot looks pretty good, would look a lot better if I could fence off some of it, they are keeping everything at about 8-10" tall and a lot of the beans and peas are just stalks with 1 or 2 leaves on them.

depending on rain I am going to try to make it out there tomorrow and I will get some pics.

Comment

Our place is so green the peas are belly button high in spots, and it's raining all week again!

Surely after all these years he has to hang around JUST long enough right?
            Last edited by EastTexasMan; 06-23-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Man I hope so, it's going to kill me but I am going to try to only hunt afternoons out there this year where I can sneak in a little easier, maybe that will help.

Hope.

Comment

Good luck!!! Still following

Comment

GOOD LUCK!!! Been reading and trying to keep up with this.

Comment

thanks fellas....here are the latest pics of the plot, other than the corn, the deer are keeping everything mowed down. we will be putting up a little plot saver fence next week to try to save part of it before it gets REAL hot.

some close ups of the browsing pressure

this is the south half of the plot, its the MBS spring mix with some corn thrown in, i didnt realize i added so much.

as you can see, even after discing, the wheat hung on for quite a while, i wish i would have mowed it a little sooner in the clover..

oh, and the buck ration is keeping this guy happy again, but its summer, whats new...

i have continued keeping a variety of feed out, sweet feed, rice bran, apple corn, the pics show that the does and younger bucks really flock to the sweet feed, i will have 7-8 at the pile at one time, but that buck sits at that feeder thats spinning buck ration, a 16% mix of corn and roasted soybeans. he will walk past the piles of other feed to hit that feeder first.

Comment

obviously I haven't updated this in a while but I was mowing and planting the fall plot today and found something that got me pretty excited...

its his left side from 2012, first one of his I've found. an unofficial score was right at 69".

I wasn't going to flood the forum with a bunch of pics again this summer but I have been getting a few nice bucks on camera, a few real good young ones, and the big one is still around. he came back in early april this year and has been on the feed ever since. I (HOPE) I have found his trail coming and going from the feeder.

latest round of pics. I have some cards to go through tonight.

the spring plot held on a little longer this year, almost until august. the fall plot is wheat/oats/winter peas/triticale and turnips.

hoping for rain and cant will the 27th...

Comment

Can't wait man. You've put in the work. I hope more than anything this year is the one.

Pretty great find on the shed

Comment

Excellent! I was hoping you'd update soon.

Comment

2014 is going to be your year!

Comment

Im pulling for you more than anyone including me and my hunters. I hope he gives you the chance to seal the deal this year. It will make for one amazing story.

Comment

thanks fellas, I really appreciate it. I've already talked to one neighbor that has seen him this summer, not sure how often, but he told me has seen him. I told him if he gets him to at least call me so I can go touch him lol. I have kept every pic I've ever gotten of him, would be a hell of a picture album if I can make it happen.

3 weeks. hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X