"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good!

How are your brassicas doing? Mine are gone....completely gone....eaten down to nothing. Can't find a trace of the kale. They loved it.

Comment

Same here, nothing left of them.

Comment

maybe, just maybe....

Comment

You thinking abou the one by the feeder which looks like it just lost its bone? What makes you think maybe? Body type, marking etc? I hope your hunch is right!

Comment

yeah, he just looks like a big, run down old buck. comparing his body to the others, he's the biggest bodied one ive seen this spring so i have to have hope....right?!

Comment

I tried to prove that it was not him and could'nt

Hope the Best

Comment

Lol, after the last few years I know I am pushing my luck so I haven't gotten my hopes up too much....yet

Comment

Look at the back left tarsal gland in the pic from 2013 and the one from 2014 u just posted. Looks about identical.... maybe?

Comment

man i hope so, never heard of that being used to identiify bucks before....interesting

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                      Look at the back left tarsal gland in the pic from 2013 and the one from 2014 u just posted. Looks about identical.... maybe?
                      Yeah I seen that to. The stain lines matched up

Comment

had to stay home with a sick 3 year old today so i took advantage of "Nana" and got my food plottin' done, really wish i could have gotten it done last week before all the rain but it just didnt work out.

its probably a little less than 2acs now and i went with the spring blend from MBS seed, about 75lbs of cow peas and a few lbs of clover.

here are some before pics, the wheat and oats really looked good, hated to disc it under lol

and the after pics

this is the first time this spot has been disced/planted, its about 1/3 of an acre,i expect it to be full of weeds before its said and done.

there are a few more spots around the plot that i can expand too and i will try to add to it every spring, i know that 2 acres of peas wont last long and would like to see it expanded out to about 4-5 acres during the spring.

one thing i learned the hard way, luckily not with a shooter but with does, was that my fall plot was too big. hunting with a bow i found that watching deer wander around on the other side of the plot, about 100 yards away, wasnt fun, i plan on shrinking down the the fall plot to about .5-.75 acres, and making as much of it as possible "shootable."

and where would we be without the obligatory "is it him" pic.....even though i think this buck is a year or two younger, its really hard to tell at this point and i gotta hope...

Comment

Looking real good! I have no idea if that is your buck but its always fun to watch them develop! The hocks look similar though.

If they eat it all......then they eat it all......at least they got some use out of it.

Comment

Lots of wrinkles around those ears. It is definitely an older mature buck. I hope it is him!

Comment

I'm out on that limb saying that's him. Them hocks are identical.

Comment

BTW in those pics you posted a while back, that buck under your feeder looks like a dwarf and was OLLDDDD

Comment

Working...
                                X