Sheds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
    Found the matching set to a 3 year old buck we call "Ripper". He had broken off one of his split brows. Can't wait to see what he does this year. The bottom of his left antler actually has a "worm hole" through it. If he ups his mass this year, he will be a killa fo sho!

Approx 157" B&C
    Sweet! Awesome rack--he'll be a beast if he can pack on some mass.

Comment

Awesome sheds. Found #5 today. Thats pretty good for free ranging SETx pine thickets.

Comment

Sheds

Found this one today in the middle of a hay patch while running aerator. First find of the season, at least I beat the squirrels and rats.

UPDATE-2nd shed found 150 yards away from last shed found in same hay patch.

Shed 1 and Shed 2 side by side. And yes, I know they are not the same buck.
        Last edited by PrairievilleTX; 03-20-2014, 11:39 AM.

Comment

could be father/son tho, pretty close.

Comment

Found one in my backyard this afternoon....but found out it was my neighbor who threw it at my Akita WHO was wanting to eat her little "ankle biting dog."

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              could be father/son tho, pretty close.
              Very possible. I ended up with 5 today and one pair.

Comment

Starting to drop in Mexico

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	roscoe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	24293706
                  any one else using dogs to hunt sheds

Comment

Started around jan 1 picking up last years sheds that fell after grass was too tall to search and then started finding freshees around 15th of feb. Walked approximately 60 miles since jan 1 with my sons and found probably 45 last years and 20 freshees. My 10 year old and 12 year old really get a kick out of it. Took a 4 day trip to our Kansas hunting area during spring break last week and found this giant. Scored 85 1/8. Biggest local freshees were both about 60 inches each.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is him.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some other fresh ones found march 2nd when it was sleeting, pretty good day.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have a chocolate lab that I used. Ironic thing is I never trained him for it. I have a lot of money in him for wetland and upland birds and I am from Wisconsin. But like any other man like myself I take my best friend with me every time I go to the woods. So four years ago when I had Jak back from training I took him out shed hunting with me the first year he found 7 sheds and the second year he found 27 sheds. The last couple of years I have been really busy with schooling so we did not get out to much but he always found some. This year, now that I am down in texas and outta school we will be going out again. He does a great job and it cracks me up cause he will be out working the woods and when he finds one he brings it right back to my left side like he has a pheasant in his mouth!!!!

Comment

Have found a hand full in Refugio county no monsters but i like this 6 pt. 9 1/8" brow

Comment

I have not found any but from tc pics it looks like the ones here are just starting to drop
                              Most still have their antlers

Comment

Crazy that there are places just dropping. I have deer that already have lumps. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X