suggestions on bosque planting for spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestions on bosque planting for spring

Hey guys, well like most everyone my wheat didnt do well so I have some nice one acre plots ready for spring. For Bosque county what should I plant for spring. I am thinking of peas okra. Any suggestions want attractant and herd health.

I would plant sudan on the hill and when it grows tall and they can hide in it the feed heavy on it.

Comment

You really should have more than one acre for peas/soybeans. Deer will wipe it out before it gets very tall. For spring/summer plots you really need several acres. I'm not sure what your layout is and how far apart your one acre plots are though.

Peas or soybeans are hard to beat for nutrition and use during the summer.

Comment

I will have several acre sized plots.thats just the max size of the plots. That is the only option for this property. Thanks

Comment

I like the Penningtons spring summer mix

Comment

Come on Greg you know there are no deer in bosque county only pigs. I heard they are headed your way.

Comment

Im a milo man myself. Cheap and grows semi quickly. I throw in some cow/iron peas to keep the deer off of it until the heads mature. Our black buck love it too...as do the turkeys.

Comment

44 yrs and never a pig seen in person and or on cameras. Knock on wood Justin, you know that. In fact no way I plant what you say that obviously sucks in the pigs. lol. I do like Bosque Techs idea.

Comment

Killed two monster hogs the other day. Loaded with them

Comment

Working...
                  X