Wildlife tax exemptions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildlife tax exemptions.

Guys I don't know if such a thing exists but is there any kind of wildlife management tax exemptions similar to ag exemptions? The reason I ask is we just reclaimed a little over a hundred acres from a guy we used to lease it to for cows. Just out of curiosity I threw up a feeder and a camera. The place is loaded with deer and quite a few nice bucks. However we have now lost our ag exemption until we can get cows back on it. But I hate cows when I hunt....

I know there are exemptions through ducks unlimited if you manage wetlands for ducks. Just wondering if there is something similar for whitetail?

there is!! i need some info on it as well. i inherited some land that has been ag and want to claim wildlife starting this year. i heard that there is no minimum acreage, the qualifications are something like you need to provide 3 out of 5 of the following
    food
    water
    cover
    predator control
    something else??

someone on here has to know about this. ?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
      Guys I don't know if such a thing exists but is there any kind of wildlife management tax exemptions similar to ag exemptions? The reason I ask is we just reclaimed a little over a hundred acres from a guy we used to lease it to for cows. Just out of curiosity I threw up a feeder and a camera. The place is loaded with deer and quite a few nice bucks. However we have now lost our ag exemption until we can get cows back on it. But I hate cows when I hunt....

I know there are exemptions through ducks unlimited if you manage wetlands for ducks. Just wondering if there is something similar for whitetail?
      How long has the property gone with out cows?

Comment

You have to have an ag exemption in place prior to being elgible for a wildlife exemption. Then catfishryan is right you have a list of things to choose from and you only have to accomplish a certian number like he said 3 out of 5 or something similar.

Comment

Hope these help ;

1- www.wildlifexemption.com
          2- https://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/landwat...cultural_land/

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post
            How long has the property gone with out cows?
            About three months now. We still get our exemption this year but we will need to put cows on it for next year.

Do you need to maintain the ag exemption gain the wildlife exemption?

Comment

About three months now. We still get our exemption this year but we will need to put cows on it for next year.

Do you need to maintain the ag exemption gain the wildlife exemption?
              It has to be ag exempt first to go into wildlife management. You do not have to have cattle on the land all the time. I think it is 2 or 3 years of the previous 5 years. Check with your local tax office.

Comment

What about tax exemption for supplement feeding like protein and corn?

Comment

that would be great

Comment

That alone isn't enough. Read the links above. My property is wildlife exempt and I prefer it to normal ag exemption. If I didn't hunt it, ag would be better.

Comment

Sorry here is the link

click here

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                        It has to be ag exempt first to go into wildlife management. You do not have to have cattle on the land all the time. I think it is 2 or 3 years of the previous 5 years. Check with your local tax office.
                        This is correct.

Comment

Good info guys, thx.

Comment

I went through this process this year and it was not that difficult. I had been leasing the grazing rights and transitioned to wildlife tax exemption. My taxes went up though because the tax appraiser found buildings they didn't know about on my property.

Comment

Most info sounds correct to my knowledge. We need to switch over on our place soon. I read all about it last year. Wildlife exempt is the way to go. It rolls over to the current rate of your ag exemption
                              . Unless of course you have new buildings!

Comment

Working...
                              X