Raccoon problems with protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raccoon problems with protein

It's almost that time of year again for protein. Last year raccoons hit me hard. I have a boss buck feeder. I think I kept raising tubes until I got to 44" off the ground and raccoons still got to it. I need another protein feeder, is there a better raccoon proof feeder? I know there is no such thing though. Has anyone used an electric fence on the feeder pen? Thanks for any help. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357076281.260391.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	24942330

Coon cuffs to catch them. Or could poison them search Pepsi of death

Comment

Originally posted by thabucknasty View Post
      It's almost that time of year again for protein. Last year raccoons hit me hard. I have a boss buck feeder. I think I kept raising tubes until I got to 44" off the ground and raccoons still got to it. I need another protein feeder, is there a better raccoon proof feeder? I know there is no such thing though. Has anyone used an electric fence on the feeder pen? Thanks for any help. [ATTACH]438036[/ATTACH]
      I had the same problem with my boss buck feeder. I installed some barbed strips (Shark Teeth) on the legs and this seemed to keep them from climbing up to my tubes.

Comment

17hmr and a Bowlite rifle light works wonders

Comment

I put out a foamy beverage for them when I'm there. It helps some. My Rock River with big pig light and nikon monarch will be completed in mid January. It will get in on the action too. But I can't kill them all, and can't always be there to set traps and refill their beverages. All my corn feeders have eliminators so I have stopped that. Thanks for input so far. Please keep sending info.

Comment

Be sure to put an Monkey Chow dispenser on your protein feeder barrel,problem solved,the monkies will make the coons vanish!!

Comment

Yeah but who wants a monkey problem.

Comment

My 16 yr old and a lease mates 17 and 11 yr old put a major dent in our coons last summer. Last season coons were reeking havoc on our feeders. Turn the boys loose during the off season and this season the coons are pretty much a none issue on our 3500 acres.

Comment

Working...
                X