No announcement yet.

Off Limits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one of ours. He has seen 2 years of drought in Throckmorton county. Can't wait to see him next year if we can get some rain.
    Last edited by DRSHUNTER; 02-23-2015, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Boy that is the definition of picket fence buck. Nice!

Comment

Well we have a person who leases behind us that thinks he arrowed Dexter this morning. I bring my bloodhound to go look for him at 10:30. Couldn't be happier for the guy, super nice guy who knows how to get to the big ones. At least Dexter made it all the way through breeding season. Can't wait to see what he tapes out at and how old he actually is. Will come back with report.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
          [ATTACH]423327[/ATTACH]
          Pretty 10 w/ kicker on his right G2. Not sure on age but I think he is 5.5 and I like his shape so we are keeping him around.
          This guy was on the hit list [ATTACH]423328[/ATTACH]
          But this is him now
          [ATTACH]423330[/ATTACH]
          Broke it off between 11/14 and 11/17. He is 7.5 this year so hope he makes it to 8.5.
          I like this pic Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
            Well we have a person who leases behind us that thinks he arrowed Dexter this morning. I bring my bloodhound to go look for him at 10:30. Couldn't be happier for the guy, super nice guy who knows how to get to the big ones. At least Dexter made it all the way through breeding season. Can't wait to see what he tapes out at and how old he actually is. Will come back with report.
            Any update?

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
              [ATTACH]423327[/ATTACH]
              Pretty 10 w/ kicker on his right G2. Not sure on age but I think he is 5.5 and I like his shape so we are keeping him around.
              This guy was on the hit list [ATTACH]423328[/ATTACH]
              But this is him now
              [ATTACH]423330[/ATTACH]
              Broke it off between 11/14 and 11/17. He is 7.5 this year so hope he makes it to 8.5.
              I still can't believe that he broke off the mb... sucks for your dad!

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
                I still can't believe that he broke off the mb... sucks for your dad!
                Yep. Hopefully he will do some breeding this year and come back better then ever. Time will tell.

Comment

Here are my DO Not Shoot bucks. I am worried that Ski Slope has been shot. The 4.5 yr old 9 will be a target next year if he has put on enough inches. Introducing protein for the first time this coming year.
                  Attached Files

Comment

C

Comment

A few on the List

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
                        This is another one we've put off limits. He is either 2 or 3. We call him Crabby. He is a main frame 10 with a kicker. He looks young but he acts even younger. If we had seen him in person his name would be "Dumber" instead of Crabby. He shows up in broad daylight no matter who is hunting that area or how stealthy they are. Hope he stays on our side so we can keep him alive to see what he will do.
                        Are you sure this isn't a really old buck? He looks on the downhill side, not the uphill to me.

Comment

here is one i let walk.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I was after a heavy 10 a few weeks ago when this guy walked in. I liked him but he appeared too young. I guessed him as a 4.5yr old. Enjoyed watching him and got some real good video for future history. My first thought was 150" when he was coming in but after crunching numbers...I got him around 147-148.
                            These pics are off my video camera and really doesn't do him any justice.
                            Cool buck!!! I hope he stays on us and we see him again in the years to come.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354723847.953392.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	24146605

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354723884.845370.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	24146606

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354723916.490968.jpg