Buck Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck Candy

Is Buck Candy any good because I'm going to need some help. I'm not getting to go hunt till mid December. I will be in north Texas pros and cons if any. Thanks for any help

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

I think its just like rest
    Buck candy is for cows and pigs and varmits at my place and the deer only like buck blitz and rice brand. BC does smell good though

Comment

Originally posted by Bisquick View Post
      Is Buck Candy any good because I'm going to need some help. I'm not getting to go hunt till mid December. I will be in north Texas pros and cons if any. Thanks for any help

BC is probably just like any other product out there. Either the deer in your area will like it or they won't. If you are looking for a "can't miss" attractant, well, that is not option because if it existed everybody would already be using it. With all that being said, the people that tout BC on here are all members of some reputation so I would be willing to give it a try after the season to see how the deer reacted to it but I would be hesitant about putting it out mid season.

Comment

It spooked my deer off...

Comment

killd a 9 last month with a mouthfull a buck candy

Comment

RM congrats and what part of Texas and how much did you put out. I have heard just a little and some people say a lot.

Comment

I put two caps full in my 200 pound feeder, and about half a cap full in my hand corn. It's worked for me....killed there have been 5 or 6 deer killed on my lease over it, and almost zero killed without it. I'm not saying that it works all the time, but it's certainly not hurting my chances. Rice bran seems to be working for some guys on my place too, but they are only hitting it at night. We put it out all year in our protein feeders, so they are used to it, but I did kill a deer over some BC corn last year on the first time I put it out.

Comment

BB2...that's all that needs to be said

Comment

I would never put out anything new that I was planning on hunting over right away. If the animals in the area you are hunting have never smelled Buck Candy before they may just shy away from it for the first few days because they don't know what the heck it is. I seen this over and over again with most attractants including corn when the deer have never seen corn before. Once they get used to it they will come right in. I've tried buck candy and many other attractants on many different properties with same results.

Comment

Works great in the hill country. One cap per bag of corn in your feeder works good. I mix it with my hand corn too, killed a doe and a buck last week using it.

Comment

Just started using it. Have had great results. Longterm use is best.

Comment

How do yall know it's working and the deer are not just coming to the feeder for corn?

Comment

Buckcandy didnot work me... Ive had best luck with Acorn rage mixed with corn. And swamp donkey mix with corn.

Comment

Have to say HOGS love it.. But it spooked the deer for weeks. they are coming in now. But I have also addeed acorn rage and will be going with that for the rest of the season. Will only use BC for hogs from now on.

Comment

I've tried all kinds of store bought attractants. I cannot see that it has helped me at all. I've tried rice bran, buck candy, all of the evolved habitat stuff that academy sells. I don't believe there is a full proof attractant that is going to work for every hunter in every situation. Some people have good luck with a product and others will not.

Comment

Working...
                              X