Test - Age This Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test - Age This Deer

I shot this deer as a cull in Laredo. Had him aged. Curious on your estimates of age.
    Attached Files

Saggy brisket makes me think 6.5+ but the way his face is and overall body condition it could be younger. Im assuming this is a protein fed ranch so Ill take a guess at 6.5-7.5. Just my $.02...which is about all its worth.

Comment

Comment

Looks like an old man. 6 or older

Comment

Aged at roughly 7 years. Missing a back too and others were smooth and wore out. He threw me a little for the same reasons lilbradford mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno View Post
            Aged at roughly 7 years. Missing a back too and others were smooth and wore out. He threw me a little for the same reasons lilbradford mentioned above.
            It may sound stupid but one thing that I think hints older deer is his eyes. As in the eye sockets almost bulge out and the antler bases are defined.

Comment

In decline

Comment

Comment

The sink in his forehead and boob on his chest say 7 plus. His nose really doesnt look it but he is drawing from his frame now which means his teeth are bad to me.

Comment

he looks like a 4.5 yr old but if he is on a protein fed diet he could be 6.5

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Bell III View Post
                      he looks like a 4.5 yr old but if he is on a protein fed diet he could be 6.5
                      Normally it is just the opposite if on protein fed diet. He will look like a 6 yr old because of the bulkiness of his body but in fact he is younger.

Comment

I was going to say 7-7.5 we culled a buck also looked like a 3.5yr old but was 7.5 see if I can find the pic
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by GTXHUNTER88; 11-19-2012, 07:36 AM.

Comment

when was this pic taken? curious ours had clean legs aswell even during rut

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X