Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
    Kyle I am using a Canon 70-200mm f 2.8L IS lens

This photo was taken almost a month ago to the day at 7 pm.

At that time with the temps being so hot the bucks were not showing up until the last few minutes of daylight.

In all actuality there appears to be much more daylight in the photos than there really is.

Extremly low light conditions like this are anything but ideal for super-sharp high quality photos; hence the obvious lack of sharpness in the pics. But I figured they would fit the bill for Whack or Walk.
    Very nice photos. I have a canon EOS and have been thinking about putting a good lens on it instead of my normal shaky videos.

Comment

whack

Comment

I would keep feeding him for another year, imagine how big he would be on some solid protein for a year?

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

Very nice photos. I have a canon EOS and have been thinking about putting a good lens on it instead of my normal shaky videos.
          The IS is worth the extra cost as far as still photos are concerned; but I don’t believe the IS will really help you that much video wise…….

Kyle you might look at a Manfrotto 501 fluid head if you have a tripod. They make panning shots smooth as silk; A must for good video. ( And can be mounted to tree arms as well.)

They run about 175$ through B & H photo.

The 501 head takes a sliding quick release plate( a dovetail type mount) that will fit your camera for easy mounting & removal to/from the tripod; 25$.

They also have a really nice kit that pairs the 501 with a carbon fiber tripod for around 400$.

Just something to consider……▼

Comment

As Uncle Ted would say, Whack 'em and Stack 'em.

Comment

Mature animal, whack him if you want to.

Comment

Walk

Comment

If be came to my lease, I would whack him without a second thought. One heck of a buck for me

Comment

4.5 Walk if your over 40 years old. 5.5 whack if your under 40 years old. lmao!

Comment

Looks like a healthy 4.5 to me. Walk on a well managed place.

Comment

Walk...1 more year.

Comment

Walk... 2 more yrs IMO

Comment

Walk? Man that's tough

Comment

Walk one more year

Comment

3.5, I would put him down. If i had a big place, then walk
                                Last edited by wlfhound27; 11-14-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X