Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much stock would you put in game cameras pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much stock would you put in game cameras pictures?

We really think our buck:doe ratio is the opposite of what it usually is like on low fenced land. Probably, 3bucks:1doe, judging by the game camera pictures we are getting. Can we really "trust" what our game cameras are showing us? I really wish a fly over survey was possible, but it's not. I've hunted places where the bucks wouldn't come to feeders, therefore making the ratio look way worse than it actually is. I've never dealt with an opposite ratio so i just don't know how to handle it or how much I should be using these game cameras as a measuring stick for the ratio. What would the GS do management wise differently than places where the does are more populous than bucks? Do we not shoot any does and just bucks? Any ideas?

the does aren't really coming to the feeders like the bucks are for the last couple months.

best way to get numbers if you can't fly it, is it have someone sit in all the blinds at the same time, and at a given time of day, get a count of what they can see. Not jsut what's at the feeder

Comment

My game cameras are starting to get older, and not capturing as many pics as they should. I wouldn't go just off of pics.

Comment

On our lease the bucks dominate the feeders. The fact that we hammer does at the stands make them a little leary about coming in. When I am driving around the lease I see does all the time. They just won't come to the feeders. Game cameras are a great scouting tool, but not the end all.

Comment

you have feeder pens? I noticed my does were mia until the fawns were old enough to be jump into the pen.

In fact I would have sworn I had two does all summer and then about three weeks ago an absolute flood of them came back to the feeders.

Comment

We don't see many does around our feeders either. The bucks keep them run off. My cameras are at my feeders so, don't get many doe pics.

When I break out the tailgate feeder and start pouring out a bunch of corn over a larger area the does show up in bigger numbers. That is what I do when it comes time to cull our does.

Comment

Working...
            X