Please age/score McCulloch County 9 pt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please age/score McCulloch County 9 pt.

Trying to get familiar with aging hill country deer, please let me know your feelings on the age and possible score of this 9 point. He is been coming around quite a bit. Thanks
    Attached Files

To me he is healty looking which could make him appear older than he is. But, his neck is small, head is long so, I'd say he is 3.5 and rack is nice but, would have to say not much mass or length so I would guess just from a glance mid teens...

Comment

I've hunted in Brady for 5 years and I would say 3.5 as well, maybe 4.5. Weak brows which we see a lot of and not a ton of mass hurts a little. Probably 125 is my guess. Nice deer, probably would give him another year.

Comment

I agree with the above. Probably 3.5 and 120's somewhere. I would give him another year if possible.

Comment

4 or 5. 115.

Comment

3.5 115" deer out here can fool you. I always add 25 percent ground tax.

Comment

I say 4.5 and 118

Comment

Comment

4.5 and 115 t0 118

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I was figuring he was 3.5 yrs because we only kill bucks 4.5 yrs or older at our lease. I'm used to hunting East Texas so getting used to the bucks being a bit smaller in the hill country had me guessing. I think I'll see what he looks like next year.

Comment

Originally posted by rudytexas View Post
                      Thanks for all the replies. I was figuring he was 3.5 yrs because we only kill bucks 4.5 yrs or older at our lease. I'm used to hunting East Texas so getting used to the bucks being a bit smaller in the hill country had me guessing. I think I'll see what he looks like next year.
                      Even if he's 4.5 he will benefit from another year. Good on you for letting him walk this year.

Comment

I hunted the Hill Country in Blanco County for a couple years. Hes 3.5 and probably 120-125in. Another year or 2 will do wonders for him.

Comment

Working...
                        X