Age/Score for fiance's hopeful first deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age/Score for fiance's hopeful first deer

Thinking about letting my fiance shoot this buck for her first deer ever. What do yall think on age/score?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Deer 1-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	24922336

Click image for larger version

Name:	Deer 1-2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	24922337

Probably 3...score less than 100.

Comment

I'm thinking that deer is at least 4, possibly older. Not sure on score, but he would be a great one to take out regardless of the score.

Comment

Great first deer for anyone!

Comment

If she's excited about it, let her shoot him! Age and score shouldn't matter much for a first deer (on most ranches)...

Comment

Age...old enough.
            Score....doesnt really matter in this case IMO
            Ive been blessed to share the experience you are going to have. It does not matter what she shoots...its going to feel better than any deer you have ever taken, trust me. Mine took a buck that probably scorred a whopping 12!! That spike didnt know what hit him. I gave her the go ahead on anything she wanted and she chose him. Good luck on you all getting it done. Looks like a dead deer walking to me

Comment

If she wants him for her first buck, let her take him. He is a shooter either way, needs to be culled out.

Comment

Thanks guys. She is pretty pumped. I tried telling her that she has to pay her dues with a doe first because thats the rule. She just laughed and said she wants her first deer to have horns. Hopefully he keeps coming out during the day come November.

Comment

Working...
                X