Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Should i replant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should i replant?

Planted buck forage sat. Rained all night sat and all day sun, and part of monday. Went down yesterday to put battery in feeder. Hog tracks everywhere

So, do yall think the hogs got my oats? I saw a few on the ground. It didnt look like they rooted up. I didnt cover seeds up.

Thanks

I’d say you’re lucky if you planted and then got 3 days of rain.... I’m pretty sure you’re going to be ok but I would give it about 10 days and see if any come up

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
      I’d say you’re lucky if you planted and then got 3 days of rain.... I’m pretty sure you’re going to be ok but I would give it about 10 days and see if any come up
      My first time to disk and plant. Usually i just throw it own top and hope for the best.

Thanks

Comment

The same thing happened to my buddy on the trinity river bottom his still sprouted. You should be ok. I think the hogs were just after that fresh dirt

Comment

The rain helped the oats get good soil contact. The hogs probably just stomped it down some.

Sounds like you timed it perfectly with the rain!

You will know for sure in a week.

Tapachat

Comment

I planted oats, chicory, clover on wednesday last week. It rained thursday hard, and then sunday. Hoping it starts sprouting soon.

Comment

They did it every time to us and we always came out ok. You should be good

Comment

I have the same problem, but I got 6" two days after planting and my plot is on a slope. Hope it sprouts and the deer appreciate my effort.

Comment

Heres pix a week after we planted.
                  Attached Files

Comment

^ Bout the same as mine. I planted last Sat and my oats, wheat and clover are all up already.

Comment

looking Good

Comment

Working...
                      X