Food plot ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food plot ???

We are wanting to plant Fall food plots soon, have decided on type but have a problem! We have cattle on this place, I know they will eat the plants, but will they wipe it out in days? Don't want to waste the time and $ if it's not going to be there come Oct. We were thinking of long, narrow strips along the field/wood edge. Has anyone had experience in doing this with cattle around? Fencing in a place is out of the question, per landowner.

Without fencing, the cattle will see the plots as a 24hr buffet. I have to fence in my fall plots each year. The cattle are an annoyance, I do pay them back occasionally from my stands with a slingshot.

Comment

no chance w/o a fence. might apprach the landowner about using an electric fence that can easily be taken up and letting his cattle graze on the plot post deer season.

Comment

Im in the same boat
        ill be getting hot fence

Comment

That's what I thought! Lol. Hoping by some magical way someone had a good experience with the cows. I like that elect fence idea. So I guess with the solar type, can put anywhere. May look in to that.

Comment

Working...
          X