No announcement yet.

Food plot and a little work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First animal taken in Colorado....he will eat good! Now I'm hunting for a big muley buck.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
      First animal taken in Colorado....he will eat good! Now I'm hunting for a big muley buck.

Great JOB, nice Bull!

Comment

Originally posted by WLKRTXRNGR View Post
        Followed your advice Uncle - I threw some corn and setup a camera at my #1 spot ( a lil half acre notch in a pasture that looks just right for traffic).

I close on the property on Thursday and will get that area mowed fairly quickly after that. My seed for the half acre just came in from Tecomate (Ultra Forage w/ clover, hybrid turnips and chickory). I took soil samples and sent them in yesterday. I'll do a shallow discing and spread the seed as soon as rain is in the forecast.... Would you do anything different at this point?
        Add Oats

Comment

Awesome! What a fun trip. In case your not getting reports, it's hot and humid here...Enjoy!!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
            Awesome! What a fun trip. In case your not getting reports, it's hot and humid here...Enjoy!!
            Thanks!

Ugh....hopefully relief is on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
              Great JOB, nice Bull!
              Thank you sir!

Comment

Jealous! Great job...bring us back some of that cold air...and a little moisture wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

Very nicely done!!

Comment

So, How COOL is that ?

Comment

Anybody bought cereal rye yet?

Comment

EB Rye an Duranna is in at the feed and seed for me, but will not pick it up till mid sept. I am waiting on some forage wheat and oats to come I from Okla.

Comment

I ordered Elbon rye for pickup next week. Has anyone tried the "Commander Chickory" from Barenbrug? Belton Feed had some on the shelf, so I decided to try some. In addition, I'll be planting a bunch of Whitetail Institute stuff: Clover, Oats, Extreme, Tall Tine Tubers. I'm going to try and plow in 19-5-9 with 12% sulfur into some old pastures this weekend and then put seed in the ground around Sept 19. My soil pH is around 8-8.3 so I need the sulfur to lower the pH some. Here's a tag from the Commander Chickory:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441417799.230255.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	24402806

Comment

Update

Closed on property today!!!!!!!!!! Went out and checked camera I placed in secluded corner of pasture last week (and threw a 50# of corn)~ been praying all week for some sigh of life out there. I could have fallen over when I saw camera said 63 pics and there was no corn on the ground! Took card out and went back to truck suspecting hogs... Nope - all deer!!!!!!! Mostly at night (all hours) 8pm to 8am every day! Does, yearlings, and a spike BUT they are all trophies to me at this point!

So, where are the boys??? Surely they are there with that many girls around, right?

Watching the forecast to disc and seed before some rain (assuming we ever get some in the forecast)...

Comment

Well tried my hand at my first food plot! Excited to see what comes of it in the next few weeks!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X