No announcement yet.

Food plot and a little work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad always told me dirt worms were a sign of healthy soil in our garden. Lots of worms = big tomatoes.
    I suppose same goes for a food plot.

Comment

Dang! I am only home from the ranch for 36 hours with a very busy schedule. Then I saw your comments about sunn hemp. Had to stop everything, read all here , read everything on QDMA, then google up what I could. Very interesting! For certain I will try some this summer . Already have a field picked out.

Off to our D.A.'s retirement party,

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
        Dang! I am only home from the ranch for 36 hours with a very busy schedule. Then I saw your comments about sunn hemp. Had to stop everything, read all here , read everything on QDMA, then google up what I could. Very interesting! For certain I will try some this summer . Already have a field picked out.

Off to our D.A.'s retirement party,
        Lol Rusty. Will never know unless we try it right?

Comment

Lets see, EB Beans are 29% protein and cost was $85.00 plus tax so lets say $90.00 per sk. And now the Sunn Hemp is 29% protein. Have u got a price on the seeds. And back in the late 60's and early 70's I was one of those guys who could not keep the deer out of my hemp garden So I already know they like young hemp

Comment

Originally posted by deer farmer View Post
            Lets see, EB Beans are 29% protein and cost was $85.00 plus tax so lets say $90.00 per sk. And now the Sunn Hemp is 29% protein. Have u got a price on the seeds. And back in the late 60's and early 70's I was one of those guys who could not keep the deer out of my hemp garden So I already know they like young hemp
            It says 15 lbs to plant an acre....and costs about $45.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
              It says 15 lbs to plant an acre....and costs about $45.
              Where do you get Sunn Hemp seeds?

Sorry...I found the company in an earlier post.
              Last edited by GLM; 12-16-2014, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' G Ranch View Post
                Where do you get Sunn Hemp seeds?

Sorry...I found the company in an earlier post.
                Cool.

I wonder when they will get in fresh sunn hemp seeds cause I certainly don't want 2014 leftovers for planting in 2015. I'll check into it and post it up.

Comment

Looks like texas is getting a bunch new hemp farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by texas bound View Post
                    Looks like texas is getting a bunch new hemp farmers.
                    LOL

Comment

My nosy neighbor would have a field day with this lol. But.....by the time I retire,they wont think anything different about my
                      "food plot"

Comment

With deer season almost done I thought I would post up some pics of just few of the bucks that frequent my small place. I have documented 18 different bucks this year on the 37 acres (including a few spikes, 4pts, 5pts, and 6pts.)

I don't have giant bucks although I am seeing some promise in these up and comers for the next few years.

This 6pt needed a bullet this year but never saw him when we hunted.

Excited about him for next year or two...

Never did get a shot at this old dude...hope he made it.
                        Last edited by unclefish; 01-04-2015, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Real nice Uncle! Looks like you go a nice little honey hole there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nailhead View Post
                            Real nice Uncle! Looks like you go a nice little honey hole there.

X2

Comment

looking good for the future sir, hopefully the old fella sticks around for you

Comment

You have quite a few up and comers there fish! Hopefully, they will put on some inches for you this off season!

Comment

Working...
                                X