• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's coming along. Good luck too ya.

Comment

Lookin good

Comment

That's good news unclefish. I hope my deer start showing back up in the food plots. Can't wait to get back down there.

Comment

Found this dude dead today. Stopped by to set up another trail camera next next to a thicket hoping to catch a mature buck on cam that are avoiding the feeders.

Looks like something got him right before he shed velvet.

Comment

Well unclefish, our FP came up and I can't say that he was in it, because I haven't got a camera on it yet (went to yesterday, but blew two tires on 4 wheeler). However, saturday when I shot him he was on a trail coming straight from the FP so I'll attribute it to that! One score for the food plots.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
              Well unclefish, our FP came up and I can't say that he was in it, because I haven't got a camera on it yet (went to yesterday, but blew two tires on 4 wheeler). However, saturday when I shot him he was on a trail coming straight from the FP so I'll attribute it to that! One score for the food plots.
              Nice!! That counts in my book. I can't say that I will be taking any deer off the plot I planted this year. It is out in our main pasture and I declared it a "no kill zone". Plus the boss lady (my mother who owns the place) says no deer hunting off the pasture. She wants the deer to feel safe coming out there at all times. Which is cool with me. Next year I want to plant some in the woods. Might even try some small spring plots in some places just to see what happens.

Comment

Yeah we don't hunt over ours. It's about 1.5 acres, but one side is our treeline. I have my lockon about 100 yds north of it about 25 yards in the woods with a feeder. Trying to catch them coming/going and stopping for a bite. We planted 9/1 but didn't get rain until about 2 weeks ago when it started coming up. I will get a camera on it soon, but I had saw him nose to the ground headed that direction saturday morning, and saturday evening he popped up behind me on the trail leading directly towards it.

I will say that my buddy has 0.5-0.75 acre oat patch up front with his feeder and the deer are in there, but not really hammering the FP's yet. Too many acorns.

Comment

That's awesome ETM! Big ol body on that deer. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats ETM!

Comment

Hunting right now. Had 4 does and a nice young 8pt in the plot. They didn't even sniff the corn and went straight for the plot.

Comment

To say im jealous would be a under statement. Looks like the making to a Beautiful morning hunt. Good luck my friend. Keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                          To say im jealous would be a under statement. Looks like the making to a Beautiful morning hunt. Good luck my friend. Keep us posted
                          Thank you sir.

It is a beautiful morning. That 8 pt started feeling squirrelly and chased all the does off. I need some more action!

Comment

Nice view!

Comment

I'm headed down to the lease tonight. Very jealous. Sit all day and kill a big one!!

Comment

Good luck! I won't get to head to the property until tomorrow evening sometime. Very jealous.

Comment

Working...
                                X