No announcement yet.

Food plot and a little work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We hunted Sat eve and this morning. Hunted the feeder in the woods. The shooter buck never showed.

Saw 5 does and fawns and 2 nice 3 year old 8 pts Saturday. It rained hard til 10am this morning and saw another 8pt. The wind swirled and he busted us. Got to figure something out for that spot in the woods. Wind swirled in there no matter the direction.

Comment

We got 2 inches of rain this morning.

Everything is looking good so far.

Rye...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380494793531.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	24249630

Chicory

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380494824081.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	24249631

Kale

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380494857449.jpg
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	24249632

Radish

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380494896433.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	24249633

It should really take off this week!

Comment

We had to leave camp it rained so much what website do u use for " rain measurement

Comment

Looking Good Steve!! Good Luck on sticking a buck soon!!

Comment

Thx David!

ETM I try to find it and post the link. It does have very good zoom on it so it's a wide view but it will give you an idea of how much you got.

Comment

Thanks that would be great

Comment

Type in your location and it will take you there for a more local map.

Comment

Type in your location and it will take you there for a more local map where you can zoom in.

Comment

well good luck next weekend, i was dealing with swirling wind all weekend too, it seems like it needs to be a good steady 10+mph wind where i am or it will swirl when it dies down.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

looking good. hope all that effort pays off

Comment

Hunted this morning and had two 8 points come in to the feeder. I was trying to shoot a doe but something winded me after the bucks came in.

Got more rain this morning on the plots. Overall they are just looking fair. Good in the spots where I plowed before my box blade broke....bad in the spots where I didn't till and just broadcast and packed.

Rye and chicory...along with some weeds.

Kale and turnips...with more weeds.

I don't know what's going on with my clover....I cant find much of it. May have to replant it.

Comment

I had a great sit tonight. I have a feeder in the food plot and saw about 15 deer. Had two young 8 pts eat corn for an hour. I was pinned down all evening.

I also had 7 or 8 does and fawns come in for about a minute to the corn then they moved to the Kale and Radishes. They ate in the plots for a long time. Love it when they eat what you plant for them!

They have really been hitting the plots pretty good....lots of browsing the brassicas and Rye. My plot has alot of weeds in it right now but that will go away with the first frost we get. It don't think it matters what I plant in this spot because they are used to feeding here...year after year.

I think this is a new shooter but can't verify it because I don't have good pics of him. Pretty chocolate horns!

I didn't close the deal on a doe tonight...the kale plot was just out of range. Overall a great way to spend an evening with the full moon rising.

Comment

Good looking group.... Nice plot!

Comment

That is GREAT Steve! Hope that big boy shows up on Ya!!

Comment

Working...
                                X