No announcement yet.

Food plot and a little work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lookin good man, i envy the cultipacker. great looking buck too, good luck to your son

Comment

Great Info!!

Comment

Thanks.

I got very lucky on the cultipacker. I set a notification alert on my mobile craigslist so I would get immediate notice of any cultipacker that came up for sale. I called right away and went out the same day to buy. It was so cheap I don't even want to mention how much it was.

It packs a 11 foot wide swath with the three rollers.

Comment

That bucks a hoss. Good luck to the boy!

Comment

Great looking buck.....

Comment

Got 2 new ground blinds in today. Rogers sporting goods vision blinds...$99. Impressed with the quality on the first inspection. We will see how they hold up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378251568262.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	24240116

Comment

I have all my seed in except for the Durana clover. It should be here this week.

Got the Rye and Oats yesterday at Producers Coop in Bryan before the Aggie game.

Here are the latest prices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378664750462.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	24241485

Comment

I paid 17.50 for oats and $15 a bag for 13-13-13

Comment

All the seeds are in.....just need alot of the wet stuff to fall.

Comment

Man Steve, You are gonna have a smorgasbord for the deer!! Good Going!

Comment

Thanks David!

I should clarify that I got them in...but still waiting to plant.

Comment

You have a nice variety there. Hopefully, I can get some updated pics of our plots this weekend that we planted in early august. We have had some good rain the past week so I am excited to see the growth we will have. One plot is outperforming the other 2 so far, but I believe it is because it is closer to a creek so it holds more moisture. Plus I think the other areas have more clay. The peas and soybeans are doing well in the creek plot, but our oats are only doing well closer to the woodline. The turnips and chicory are coming up, but weren't very big the last time I got to check them. We are going to come back and spread some more oats and rye in the next week or two.
                          This was our first time to do food plots, so it has been a learning experience. We have had fun with it and learned a lot just in this short amount of time.

Comment

Nice place unclefish, I run a ranch on the south side of the lake. Know whatcha mean about needing rain

Comment

Stopped by my place today on my way to the Metromess. Dry is an understatement...dust bowl is a better description. These few quarter inch showers we are getting do nothing but settle the dust for a day. We are 15" behind on rainfall to date.

This guy hardened up on August 30th. He is the only shooter buck we have on TC so far.

We have maybe 8-10 younger bucks showing up everyday to eat....but nothing mature.

We usually start seeing new bucks during the rut and when the food plots are going good. Forecast is calling for heavy rain Friday and Saturday with this front. May try to plant on Thursday ahead of it. Another stronger front the Friday before the opener next week too. Cooler weather ahead...finally!

Comment

Looking good Steve! Praying for rain with Ya!!

Comment

Working...
                                X