Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food plot and a little work today

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
    Unclefish, what are bob oats running price wise right now?
    I bet bob oats are going to be close to $20 a sack this year, you can go cheap though and plant feed oats for around $12 a bag, there's just no germination guarantee- While we're talking prices the best triple 13 price I've got so far is $15.99 a bag, which is making me really want to go the chicken litter route-

Comment

Anybody priced cereal rye yet?

Comment

Got a big cell right over my farm right now!! Probably only get half an inch out of it but its better than a stick in the eye!

I haven't priced Rye yet. I will call tomorrow and see if they have it yet. Its going in my mix this year for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
          I bet bob oats are going to be close to $20 a sack this year, you can go cheap though and plant feed oats for around $12 a bag, there's just no germination guarantee- While we're talking prices the best triple 13 price I've got so far is $15.99 a bag, which is making me really want to go the chicken litter route-
          Where do you get chicken litter from? Aren't you up there in Pilgrim's Pride land....so I guess they have a bunch up there?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
            Where do you get chicken litter from? Aren't you up there in Pilgrim's Pride land....so I guess they have a bunch up there?
            Lol, I know a guy..... Actually both my father in law and brother in law are growers for Pilgrim's. My food plot is only about 300 yds from one set of their houses. Makes for a great cover sent!

Comment

Thanks! You buy a place yet David?
              Submitted a bid for a place in Coleman County yesterday. Now the wait to see if they accept it. Bout time to go kill some teal together!

Comment

Got a big cell right over my farm right now!! Probably only get half an inch out of it but its better than a stick in the eye!

I haven't priced Rye yet. I will call tomorrow and see if they have it yet. Its going in my mix this year for sure.
                I watched that storm cell from my house in snook. Looked like a bad dude from where I was standing.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                  Lol, I know a guy..... Actually both my father in law and brother in law are growers for Pilgrim's. My food plot is only about 300 yds from one set of their houses. Makes for a great cover sent!
                  Man now thats a great source of fertilizer! There are some guys on the QDMA site that swear by it....say there is nothing better!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    Submitted a bid for a place in Coleman County yesterday. Now the wait to see if they accept it. Bout time to go kill some teal together!
                    Wow...that's awesome. Hope you get it....keep us posted.

I'm all in on the teal hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
                      I watched that storm cell from my house in snook. Looked like a bad dude from where I was standing.
                      It looked like it rained about half an hour hard on my place. On the radar it had some purple in it......wouldn't surprise me if it hailed.

Comment

Congrats on the rain! Hope it gets your stuff growing for you.

Comment

I just called on prices.

Elbon Rye is $18.55 per 50# bag.
                          Bob oats are $17.50.
                          The Harrison Oats are not in yet but are just under $20 a bag.

Comment

Thanks Jet. We have a good chance of rain forecast this weekend...I'm almost tempted to plant the egypt wheat for screens.

Comment

Thanks unclefish

Comment

where are you getting durana? i havent seen it anywwhere locally or even at welters.

Comment

Working...
                                X