Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeding **** hounds too? Nice food plots

Comment

UF are you going to mow and throw where the goat weed is? I ask because I am planning a to put a food plot similar to yours in an area over run with the stuff. Should I spray, throw and mow or spray, disc, throw, drag? I really like the idea of the throw and mow but since this will be my first food plot in this location I want to start of correct. Waiting on my soul test results now. North part of Anderson county sandy ground.

Comment

I want to try some kind of clover this year. Last year was my first plot with oats/wheat/turnips and chicory.

They did not touch the turnips all year and VERY little on chicory.

I disked and use a grain drill. I will not be disking this year, just need to find a sprayer of some kind to kill, then mow and then use the grain drill.

A handheld sprayer would be too much for 1-1.5 acre plots.

I will be following along

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh Bandit View Post
          UF are you going to mow and throw where the goat weed is? I ask because I am planning a to put a food plot similar to yours in an area over run with the stuff. Should I spray, throw and mow or spray, disc, throw, drag? I really like the idea of the throw and mow but since this will be my first food plot in this location I want to start of correct. Waiting on my soul test results now. North part of Anderson county sandy ground.
          Yep I will mow and throw over the goatweed. I will spray...wait a week, then broadcast and mow over the top. The only reason I'm spraying will be to kill anything growing underneath the goatweed.

Comment

10-4. One of my issues will be that the farmer puts his cows back the property to eat down all of his hay fields before he plants in the spring. So I'm think I probably won't have much of a thatch since the cows will probably eat that to. Then the goat weed should come right back during the summer. I just wasn't sure if the goat weed itself would make a good thatch?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              I want to try some kind of clover this year. Last year was my first plot with oats/wheat/turnips and chicory.

They did not touch the turnips all year and VERY little on chicory.

I disked and use a grain drill. I will not be disking this year, just need to find a sprayer of some kind to kill, then mow and then use the grain drill.

A handheld sprayer would be too much for 1-1.5 acre plots.

I will be following along

Takes a while for them to figure out what the turnips are about. A couple years. They eat mine pretty good now but I mostly plant them to build the soil. Chicory they eat in the spring. Weird they didn't hit yours much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh Bandit View Post
                10-4. One of my issues will be that the farmer puts his cows back the property to eat down all of his hay fields before he plants in the spring. So I'm think I probably won't have much of a thatch since the cows will probably eat that to. Then the goat weed should come right back during the summer. I just wasn't sure if the goat weed itself would make a good thatch?
                Goat weed makes terrible thatch in my experience. Once it dies it becomes so brittle that when you mow it...it "explodes".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                  Takes a while for them to figure out what the turnips are about. A couple years. They eat mine pretty good now but I mostly plant them to build the soil. Chicory they eat in the spring. Weird they didn't hit yours much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I have heard that before. But man I can't get myself to plant it again when had no luck.

Want to try a clover maybe.

I have a decent amount of goatweed.

UF: If I plan on grain drilling, should I spray and then 10 days later shred and then grain drill? Or what would you do? I am spraying/shredding in hopes of building thatch to improve the soil. Disking caused too many weeds last year

Comment

Can anyone suggest a good boom sprayer to hook to my Ranger and 40 gallon tank sprayer?

Comment

Can anyone suggest a good boom sprayer to hook to my Ranger and 40 gallon tank sprayer?
                      I like a single nozzle sprayer like this one. I can get a 10 spray width with a 1.0 GPM pump.

Turn your spot sprayer into a broadcast sprayer! Black Rain Boomless Sprayer attaches to any ATV sprayer. Simply attach to any rack or basket, attach 3/8 hose.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' G Ranch View Post
                        I like a single nozzle sprayer like this one. I can get a 10 spray width with a 1.0 GPM pump.

https://www.boomless-sprayer.com/
                        Never seen one like this! I like the idea

Does it give a true 10 foot spray?

Comment

Never seen one like this! I like the idea

Does it give a true 10 foot spray?
                          yes its pretty close..i bought one last year.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhlsu View Post
                            yes its pretty close..i bought one last year.
                            On yalls ATV's or Rangers? The guy said its kinda tricky to mount on a Ranger tailgate

Comment

On yalls ATV's or Rangers? The guy said its kinda tricky to mount on a Ranger tailgate
                              They make different ones for the ATV rack and Ranger type tailgate. Make sure you order the right one for your need.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' G Ranch View Post
                                They make different ones for the ATV rack and Ranger type tailgate. Make sure you order the right one for your need.
                                Yes I talked to him on the phone!!! I like this or the Northern Tool kit posted in my other thread that going into the hitch

Comment

Working...
                                X