Food plot and a little work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Weird. I called them and they quoted me $45 for a bag of Crimson.

I got a hook up and found cheaper prices thru a buddy who works for a company who distributes them.

I am planting Chicory instead of Crimson as I got 10lbs for $56. Figured it was a perennial and is a better investment

Can't remember which one, but one of the clovers was like $125 per bag.

Comment

I got some Crimson in Woodville for 49.95 a bag.

Comment

Thanks guys! Yep the freezer will be full. Gonna share with the other guys on my trip too....that elk back strap is amazing.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

UF, looks like u r the Man !! Good job

Comment

I'm back from the high country and in a mini panic over all that has to be done at my place. I just got this Solo back pack sprayer in to help. My tractor is still broke down so I needed to get the plots sprayed before I broadcast seed. It's 4 gallons so it may take me a couple of trips to fill up and spray an acre but it's better than nothing.

It fits really well on my back and its pretty comfortable.

Sent from my GS7
            Last edited by unclefish; 09-15-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Ordered some WI clover yesterday and have some left over Elbon from last year. Gonna make a trip to Producers and get more rye plus a couple bags of chicory. Gonna simplify this year.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Been ready for some reports Steve. Congrats on your High country trip. Whats the the diagnosis on the tractor? I put the plots in this past weekend on a gamble..just didn't know when I would have time in the future. Good luck to you this season and keep the reports coming. I come check this thread daily to see if there is any updates. Floods are devastating but I hope you at least have some good soil to work with. I feel you have the mojo going this year when it comes to hunting though. Lastly, I haven't seen any updates on your dad so I hope that is good news? cheers

Comment

Originally posted by jbhlsu View Post
                  Been ready for some reports Steve. Congrats on your High country trip. Whats the the diagnosis on the tractor? I put the plots in this past weekend on a gamble..just didn't know when I would have time in the future. Good luck to you this season and keep the reports coming. I come check this thread daily to see if there is any updates. Floods are devastating but I hope you at least have some good soil to work with. I feel you have the mojo going this year when it comes to hunting though. Lastly, I haven't seen any updates on your dad so I hope that is good news? cheers
                  Thanks for asking Joe. My Dad finally had his heart valve replaced and is doing much better. He is home doing some rehab trying to get in good enough shape to hunt this fall.

The tractor still sits where it is. Haven't had time to mess with it yet. That's on the agenda pretty quick.

It will be interesting season for sure...
                  Wondering whether the neighbors hi-fence deer that escaped are still hanging around. They are all ear tagged so I should be able to tell which side of the fence they came from. [emoji2]

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Did you get everything done that you wanted to?

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
                      Did you get everything done that you wanted to?
                      Not really....but I got everything done that I knew we could do in 3 hours.

Found out my killing tree is dying/dead from the floods. Man that sucks. I can still use it this year but will cut it down after the season. Its one of these perfect trees that is in the perfect spot for most winds. Will put up an elevated platform there next year in its place.

Everything is thick and overgrown. Goat weed is neck high. Won't see the deer coming.....will just seeing the parting of the goat weed as they enter the field.

Got soybean/corn spinning in the feeders and cameras are active. Will try and hand corn some spots too. Gonna be very picky this year since my freezer is already over flowing.
                      Last edited by unclefish; 09-22-2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Can't wait to see pics from the cameras. Hoping some of the "escapees" from next door are hanging around. I'll probably head up tomorrow to plant and hand corn a couple places.

Comment

We planted 4 acres this Saturday with ELbon RYe, Wheat, BOb oats, and chicory! Got 1.5 inches of rain Sunday. Can't wait to see it Sunday to see if some is coming up

Comment

I put in two small plots of forage oats Saturday past. Excited to see if something comes up with all this rain. I spread it then mowed the grass down. No round up this time. Still dipping my toe into the whole plot thing. This thread has been quite the inspiration Unclefish.

Comment

Feels good to be in a tree again.
                              My place looks terrible but it's so overgrown I think it will help the hunting.

Saw this nice young 10 pt this morning with a broke G3.

Saw 3 bucks and a doe.

Gonna go buy some seed today when I climb down.

Sent from my GS7
                              Last edited by unclefish; 10-01-2016, 07:56 AM.

Comment

UF. Call me when you get a chance. It's not an emergency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X