• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! Good work man.

Comment

Thumbs up wish to one day do this myself

Comment

That is a beautiful mulie Steve. Waiting on the story!

Comment

Congrats on a great western mulie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks fellas! It's been very slow for elk so far. Not much bugling. I'm the only one in camp that has killed but hopefully the other guys will have some good luck.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
              That is a beautiful mulie Steve. Waiting on the story!
              Thanks my friend.

The story is pretty short....I got to the pond a little after 4. It was a good setup hidden in the oak brush. About 4:45 I was messing with my phone when I heard splashing. I looked down and saw a deers back. Couldn't see horns yet. Then I saw another buck and then the first one picked his head up. He was the biggest.

Ranged him at 27 and let her rip. Quartering away shot hit perfect and started gushing blood. He went through the water and out the other side and topped over about 60 yds.

Those two deer somehow snuck in the one blind spot I had. Total luck that I was at the right place at the right time.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                Thanks my friend.

The story is pretty short....I got to the pond a little after 4. It was a good setup hidden in the oak brush. About 4:45 I was messing with my phone when I heard splashing. I looked down and saw a deers back. Couldn't see horns yet. Then I saw another buck and then the first one picked his head up. He was the biggest.

Ranged him at 27 and let her rip. Quartering away shot hit perfect and started gushing blood. He went through the water and out the other side and topped over about 60 yds.

Those two deer somehow snuck in the one blind spot I had. Total luck that I was at the right place at the right time.

Sent from my GS7
                I'd rather be lucky than good!!!!! Awesome shooting.

Comment

UF, Good job

Comment

Nice buck!! Any luck on the elk?

Comment

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Nice!!!!

Comment

Went to Producer's today and picked up Elbon Rye and Tecomate Chicory. FYI if you want clover they only have 50 lb bags. They didn't have Crimson Clover yet and I was told it will be expensive this year.

Comment

Dang UF you're gonna have to buy another cooler! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post

Sent from my GS7

Nice!!! Congrats man

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                                Went to Producer's today and picked up Elbon Rye and Tecomate Chicory. FYI if you want clover they only have 50 lb bags. They didn't have Crimson Clover yet and I was told it will be expensive this year.
                                Weird. I called them and they quoted me $45 for a bag of Crimson.

I got a hook up and found cheaper prices thru a buddy who works for a company who distributes them.

I am planting Chicory instead of Crimson as I got 10lbs for $56. Figured it was a perennial and is a better investment

Comment

Working...
                                X